•❊Distinguished|Part Eleven❊•

You followed Michael into his office as he shut the door. Mason had said that he would see you later, and you had to admit that he looked rather sad to see you go.

"What the hell was that?" you turned to look at Michael.

"What was what?" Michael mumbled.

"Are you serious?" you gawked. "Don't play dumb with me," you laughed a little. "I know that I was coming to see you this afternoon, but you did not have to embarrass me in front of my friend,"

"He isn't your friend," he responded. "He has other intentions,"

"And how would you know?" you raised an eyebrow. "Just because you're a smart professor, doesn't mean you know everything,"

Michael stared at you, not saying anything. You were annoyed to the highest degree, it was unfathomable.

"Tell me something," you set your hands on your hips. "Did you have to drag me away from my friend? Couldn't you have been more polite?"

"I'm not going to be polite to a boy that-" he stopped. "Look, I'm sorry. I wish I could tell you my reasons but-"

"But you can't," you cut him off. "There we go again with the mystery," you threw your hands in the air. "Can you help me understand you?" you shook your head. "For once, do something that makes sense to a small mind like me," you kept your eyes on him. "On one hand, you can be very nice and sweet, yet on the other...you can be downright mean,"

Michael folded his arms as you stared at him. You wanted an answer from him, but you knew that you weren't going to get one. You desperately wanted to understand him, but he needed to allow you to do that.

He was an utter mystery.

"Listen, I want you to help me clean the office, please," he looked down.

"Seriously? You're going to change the subject?"

"If you want me to continue helping you, you will do as I ask," he said lowly.

You readjusted your hand bag over your shoulder and scoffed.

"Forget it then," you mumbled. "I don't want your help if this is how things are going to be," you turned around and opened the office door. "Have a nice day, professor Jackson," you walked out and pulled the door shut.

A deep frown was on your face, and you were quite angry. Michael had an inexplicable effect on you, bringing out emotions that you weren't aware that you posssessed. When you were around him, you could either be very intrigued, or very annoyed - and at this point, you were the latter.

Walking along the corridor, you descended the staircase and then rushed out of the building. The sun was beginning to set, casting a golden glow on some of the buildings that stood in the sun's way. Your feet moved along the grass, making soft noises as you went along. You decided to go into the library, a place that made you feel at ease.

Entering the library building, you were greeted by the sensation of cool air, hitting your skin. A few desks were occupied, and as you searched the large room for an empty desk, you spotted a familiar sight. Mason was seated at a desk near the corner, scribbling on a small piece of paper.

You smiled and headed toward him, keeping silent. Arriving at his desk, your smile became wider when he looked up.

"(Y/N)," his eyes widened. "I thought you were with professor Jackson," he frowned a little. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, we had a little argument," you shook your head. "He is a hard man to understand. I guess being a teacher really does take its toll on a person," you gestured to the empty chair across from him. "Can I join you?"

"Of course," he nodded.

You quietly pulled out the chair and sat down, letting out a breath as you did so.

"What are you doing?" you asked.

"Just working on the essay we were given," he laughed. "Do you want to work on yours as well?"

"That sounds great,"

•❁❁❁•

By the time the sun had set, you were two pages along, in relation to your essay. Your hand was tired so you placed the pen down, stretching a bit. Mason had his head down, and when he looked up - he groaned.

"I'm so sleepy," he remarked. "I just want to sleep,"

"Me too," you said in response. "I think I'm going to go back to my dorm room,"

"I'll walk you back,"

The both of you packed your respective items, moving to stand up once you were done. The library was empty, and the both of you waved at the librarian as you walked out.

"Ugh, finals are in a few weeks," Mason said as the both of you walked along. "I am not ready,"

Your heart sank as you were reminded that finals were soon. Without Michael's help, you were sure to fail.

"Me either," you smiled a little.

Mason noticed your facial expression, so he stopped - keeping his eyes on you. "Is everything...okay?"

You inhaled deeply and shrugged. "Yes," you looked down. "I'm just....worried that I'm going to fail my subjects," you sighed. "I get distracted very easily,"

The boy chuckled, shaking his head. "(Y/N), you're smart, you'll make it through," he continued to walk, and you followed him. "I believe in you,"

"Thanks," you tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I needed to hear that,"

The pair of you entered your dorm building, quickly ascending the staircase. As you moved, you felt as though you were being watched. Stopping, you turned around - only to see that no one was behind you.

"You okay?" Mason asked as you turned back around, beginning to walk again.

"Yeah," you nodded quickly. "I'm just...paranoid,"

He chuckled a little as you continued to walk. Eventually, you arrived at your dorm room, making you smile widely. All you wanted to do was sleep.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow," Mason smiled as you fished your keys out of your bag. You unlocked the door and opened it.

"Thank you for dropping me," you looked at him. "I'll see you tomorrow," you entered the room. Mason waved as you shut the door, making you let out a sigh.

You tossed your bag onto the bed and ran your fingers through your open hair. Setting your hands on your hips, you looked around the room before you heard someone knock at the front door.

"What?" you laughed as you walked up to it, pulling it open. "What did you forget, Ma-" you stopped when you saw that it was Michael standing before you.

"Can we talk?"

~•❊•~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|