•❊The Attempt❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

I also don't know if I've used this title for any of my previous imagines. If I have, my apologies.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD/DANGEROUS ERA✽

|1990|

You laughed as you walked into the suite, your husband of five years right behind you. Michael and you had been exchanging jokes - making you both laugh uncontrollably.

He pushed the door shut as you took off your coat, tossing it onto the sofa. The couple of you were currently in Paris to celebrate your fifth wedding anniversary. Michael had taken some time off from work, and he had taken you to France. Of course, you were very happy to be spending some quality time with your husband.

The pair of you had just come back from a private dinner at the hotel restaurant, and it was now midnight. The suite had been cleaned, and you realized that housekeeping had been in to get everything in order.

Michael walked up behind you and wrapped his hands around your waist, resting his chin on your shoulder. A smile formed on your face as he kissed your cheek.

He moved to your neck before turning you around so that you were facing him. His hands tightened around your waist as you placed your hands on his shoulders. He rested his forehead against yours and stared into your eyes.

You felt butterflies in your stomach. The both of you had been married for five years and he still managed to make you blush as if it were your first date.

"I'm so happy to be spending time with you," he whispered. "We hardly ever get time together, alone," he closed his eyes before opening them again.

You giggled and little and let out a shallow breath. "I'm glad too. We needed this," you grinned.

Michael opened his mouth to say something when the telephone rang. He groaned a little and pulled away from you. "Can we ever catch a break?" he muttered as he walked over to the telephone, making you laugh. He picked up the receiver before speaking. "Hello, this is Michael speaking,"

You watched him as he listened to the person on the line. His face fell and he seemed disturbed. You frowned a little and nodded despite the fact that the person on the other side could not see him.

"Uh...yeah...(Y/N) and I will be there on the earliest flight home," he spoke. "Right, thanks," he placed the receiver down and turned to face you.

You folded your arms as he stared at you. He looked very troubled.

"Who was that?" you inquired.

"F-Frank," he said, his voice barely audible. You frowned further and kept your eyes on your husband.

"What did he want?" you moved closer to your husband.

"He called to...tell me..." he trailed off. "About...Janet," he referred to his sister.

"Oh, is she okay?" you were still quite confused.

"Earlier today she....she..." he shook his head.

"She what?" you prodded.

"She attempted suicide,"

~❊♡❊~
This one was short and it sucked!
My apologies!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|