•❊Distinguished|Part Eight❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
This chapter is poorly written. My apologies!

•♡•

You and Michael were seated in his office, and you were right beside him as he directed you through a complex equation. He still looked as though he was struggling to breathe, but it did not seem as bad as before. His entire body was cold, but he smelled very good. You stared at the book in front of you, but you were not concentrating.

"(Y/N)," Michael's soft voice snapped you back to your senses.

You gasped and looked up at him. He was staring at you, studying your features.

"You're not paying attention," he said.

"I...I'm sorry," you bit your lip gently. "I was concentrating but I...just....got distracted," you closed your eyes before opening them again.

"This is what happens to you during class, isn't it?" he smiled a little. "You become easily distracted,"

You let out a breath and nodded, hanging your head. "I'm never going to get through this,"

Michael stayed silent for a brief moment before he placed his cold hand on your shoulder, making you gasp.

"Sorry," he pulled his hand away.

You stared at your teacher, your features contorted into a small frown. "Professor Jackson, why are you always so...cold?" you asked.

"What?" he chuckled.

"Your hands are always so...cold, and so is your body,"

"That should not be the question you should be asking me," he pointed to the book in front of you. "Any questions you have for me should be related to this,"

"Right," you nodded quickly. "Sorry,"

Michael sighed before closing the book, handing it to you. "Perhaps you're tired. We can continue this later," he looked at you.

You took your book slowly and put it into your bag.

"Sorry," you mumbled.

"Don't be," he laughed a little. "I was a student once, I can understand the struggle,"

You stood up and put the handle of your bag over your shoulder. Standing there for a minute, you licked your bottom lip.

"Thank you....for offering to help me," you said softly. "Hopefully I'll be a better student next time,"

Michael nodded and kept his eyes on you. You chewed on your lip and walked toward the door. Your teeth formed a small cut on your lip, and you tasted blood.

You sensed Michael stiffen, and it made you turn your head to look at him as you placed your hand on the knob of the door.

"Professor Jackson, is....everything...okay?" you frowned a little.

"Y-Yes," he nodded, placing his hands on the desk. "Please shut the door on your...w-way out,"

You stared at the teacher for a second before opening the door and exiting, being sure to follow his instructions once you had stepped out.

Letting out a sigh, you pulled out your phone from your bag and turned the screen on. Luisa had sent you a message, telling her that she had classes for the rest of the day. You were free, so you decided to go to the library.

Perhaps reading some books would allow you to relax.

•❁❁❁•

You were seated at the desk, in the library - reading a book quietly. The entire floor was quiet, and only sounds of pages being flipped could be heard. You let out a breath and blinked rapidly, you were falling asleep.

The sun was setting, and you wanted to go back to your dorm room. Suddenly, you sensed someone approach you. Looking up, you saw that it was Mason. A small smile formed on your face and you closed the book.

"Mason," you laughed. "It seems like you're following me,"

"I promise I'm not," he held his hands up in defense. He had his bag over his shoulders, and he wore a shirt that made him look smart. "I was walking past, and I saw you inside," he gestured to the windows that were made of glass.

"Ah," you nodded.

"Can I sit with you?" he asked.

"Well, I was just about to go back to my dorm room, I'm rather tired," you stood up.

"Oh, then I can walk you to your room," he smiled.

"Okay, that'd be nice," you took the book in your hands. "Let me just put this back," you walked to the shelf that you had initially picked the book up from, putting it back. Turning around, you walked back to the desk and grabbed your bag - putting the handle over your shoulder. "Let's go," you said as the two of you made your way out of the building. The both of you walked along the grounds, and you inhaled the fresh air as if it were a drug. "So, Mason," you looked at him. "Do you also stay on campus?"

"I do, actually," he responded. "I stay three buildings away from you," he said.

"Cool," you nodded.

"Have you seen Charles, lately?" he inquired. "He's been intending to apologize to you,"

"No, I haven't seen him around," you laughed a little.

The both of you continued to walk, telling jokes before eventually you bumped into someone. You felt someone's hands wrap around your waist, helping you up.

"(Y/N),"

You'd have known that voice anywhere.

Michael.

"You really need to-"

"Look where I'm going," you completed for him as he let his hands fall to his side. "I know, I'm sorry," you bit your lip and winced when you bit the wound from earlier.

"And this is...." he looked at your friend.

"Mason," he held his hand out to Michael. "(Y/N)'s friend,"

Michael looked at Mason's hand, but didn't shake it. He simply stared at the boy as if he were a bug that needed to be killed quickly.

"I see," Michael scanned him.

The three of you stayed silent for a moment before your teacher spoke. "Well, I should get going, take care," he looked at you and Mason before walking off.

Michael seemed to hate Mason, and you could not see why. The teacher clearly had a distaste for the boy.

It was almost as if he were jealous.

~•❊•~
This one sucked!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|