chapter SIXTY ONE

Snickers.

Looks.

Stares.

Whispers.

Nate clenched his fists, and gritted his teeth, helplessly. While the whole school was laughing at his face, something snapped inside him.

Who dared to post such a video?

He was upset, and he knew he had never felt this way before.

"EY, Nate, how you holding up the flips?"

One of his mates called out to him, right as he stepped into the locker room. He had been hearing all sorts of shit about him the whole day.

And now, his own friends were laughing on his face.

His reputation had been shattered.

"Shut up." He hissed out, to which everyone cackled. "I said shut up."

"Sorry, but this is way too good to shut up about."

Nate almost tore his shirt off of him and reached out for his varsity team uniform.

"You wouldn't say that if you were in my shoes." He grunted, turning around and looking into the blonde's eyes.

"Facts." He shrugged.

"Find a way to take it down, will you?" Nate asked in a low voice, partially sounding desperate.

He despised the way he became the talk of the school. Sure, he was always a topic to talk about for everyone, but this day was different. He loathed it.

He felt disgusted just by hearing her name now. It was a feeling of pure hate.

"Even if you take it down, how many students will you go around asking to delete it from their gallery? No can do, Nate."

"Fine." Nate pulled his t-shirt and jacket on, looking at his friends dead in the eyes. "You cannot help me? I'll help myself. Never relied on you anyway."

His blood shot eyes narrowed, and his eyebrows ceased together.  If not anytime in their existence, everyone looking at Nate knew that this was the scariest he had ever been.

Something about Nate stood out. Maybe the way he was always so determined.

Or maybe how he never forgot, nor forgave.

A little body hiding behind one of the lockers in the room heaved up and down from his ragged breathing.

Sean licked his lips and wiped his forehead with the back of his palm.

Maybe he shouldn't have posted it. But he did. And now, Satan had tied a sword above his head loosely, as if it could fall anytime on him to slice him into pieces.

...

"Dude, November's ending." Hailey sighed, looking at Connor.

It was lunch, and God knew where Lucas and Claire were, probably messing around in library. That was for the two of them to know and others to not find out.

Except they were just reading each other little poems they found.

"So?" Connor raised his eyebrows.

"Halloween is in 2 days." She informed. "I haven't prepared yet."

"Oh." He said. "You should go as you. And see what everyone thinks." He winked at her.

Hailey gulped. "Uh, whatever, where's Claire?"

It wasn't her intention to sound rude, but in the heat of the moment, that's what felt right. Although she knew Connor would never mind accepting some rudeness per day.

He was a pretty chill guy, she realised.

Since Lucas barely hung out with him, he decided to stick to Hailey and Sean more. And as for Adam, God knew what he did all alone in the entire school.

Sometimes, it worried her how Adam would smoke for hours and hours and go around the corridors with blood shot eyes. It wasn't healthy, and he wouldn't listen.

Adam, was that guy of the school who would be termed as mysterious. Even though Hailey knows him well, he still remains a mystery to her in numerous other ways.

As for Connor, she was slowly warming up to him. She liked the change in the atmosphere that Connor brought along with him.

It was just something in the way his tongue rolled, or the way he fixed his rimmed glasses on his nose from time to time.

"Guys!"

Hailey snapped out of her thoughts, looking at an obnoxious Sean approaching them with his bag hanging loose from his shoulders.

"Sean?" Connor chuckled lightly, sitting back on his chair and looking at the said male.

"The whole school knows about Nate now." He grinned, taking a seat next to two of his fellow mates. "It's going from ear to ear."

"Is that a good thing or bad?" Hailey questioned.

Sean knew what it was. But he didn't care. He got his payback. Now he's not the only one getting humiliated in front of the school.

"I don't know. I don't care."

.
.
.
.
.

Ssup?