Chapter TWENTY FIVE

After that one museum, they were headed to many more artistic places. They all learned that, this day was dedicated to art, or atleast according to their coach, it was. They couldn't help but complain when they were lead to a library. A very old library.

There was something about art that seemed to appeal Lucas to no end. Claire even noticed that Lucas would feel the things around him with his extra soft looking hands and turn to look at Connor in delight. And as if Connor understood, he would jam his thumb up. Just the thought of art seemed to please Lucas.

Claire took a drag of the cigarette, and huffed out the smoke.

She has met a lot of people in her life time. Most of them never mattered, in her life. She couldn't be bothered to care enough for them.

They were like the cigarette butts. Ignored and forgotten. Sometimes, it gets too hard to forget, so she would frown and probably everyone in the town, that day, could sense the violent and cold-blooded aura from her.

Otherwise, she would just mind her goddamn business, and would make sure to deal with the ones poking their filthy noses in it. It was simple, really, leave her, her friends and her belongings alone, if they wanna see tomorrow.

"The boy had your camera.." Adam said, walking into the balcony of his room, where Claire currently stood, smoking.

"Kinda gave it to 'm." Claire mumbled, looking up at Adam.

It was like Adam never stopped growing after he hit puberty, he keeps getting taller, which annoys Claire because then, she would have to strain herself to even spare a glance at her best friend. And right now, sitting on a chair didn't help.

"Never seen you do that before." He commented, pulling out his own straw of cigarette.

"Now you have." She simply said.

One thing was for sure, Claire didn't care who she handed over her things to, but that person should be true-blue or well known. And she knew what Adam was thinking about- 'He doesn't even breathe around her, handing over the camera for the whole day was not even an option.'

On the contrary, she thought that at least she managed to take his breath away, and maybe that's why the poor guy doesn't seem to breathe around her. Simple as that.

"That one?" he asked, and Claire totally seemed to understand what he was talking about. So she nodded her head and took another drag from her cigarette.

She just knew he was emphasizing on the word 'that' which actually meant the camera, which she still didn't get it back.

"I don't...mind." She shrugged. He just looked away and leaned against the railings of the balcony.

"Seen Hailey?" He asked, lighting up the straw in his hand.

"Not since half past 6."

"Neither did I." He then mumbled, "Can't seem to find Sean too."

"Why Sean?" Claire spoke, not taking her eyes away from the view of the beach. It.. was an interesting place to stare at, in the evening. All the sunlight and shit. Not that she cared about it, she just happened to notice it.

"Room mate." He answered.

That's when Claire's ears perked up. Room mates?

"Sean as in Sean Wood?" She bemused.

"Yeah, the frail guy." He confirmed, slightly nodding his head. He watched Claire's face go from confused to close to rolling her eyes.

"Frail? You got it wrong. He'll take you down in one shot." She scoffed and diverted her gaze back to beach. Loud music was beaming from somewhere, which annoyed her, but she just concentrated on not burning her fingers with the lighten up straw.