Chapter ONE

(Third person pov)

CHAPTER ONE

Pancakes.

That was the one thing that Lucas hated eating. Ever since that one morning, last week, his mother decided to join his father in business to work and handle the building, he had been eating those horrible pancakes. His mother would be in a hurry and in no time she would bake pancakes and set it on the table for Lucas and his brother.

And as for his brother, Wesley, he would be moving into his best friend's apartment in less than two months.

Stomping his legs all the way as he walked down the stairs, he could smell the disgusting smell that spread all over the house. He strongly despised entering the kitchen.

"No, no no." he muttered to himself. "Not again."

"Oh, look who cared to join us today." His father, who had been scrolling through his phone, looked up at Lucas. Lucas instantly knew it would be one of those days. Where a very- successful- CEO- of- the- company- father would mock on his second- son. Basically it would only be an argument on how much better of a son Wesley was than Lucas.

It pissed Lucas to no end.

Sure, it was very fortunate of Wesley to get into that university in Texas... In Austin?... He wouldn't, if it wasn't for his dad's constant insisting.

"I think I will have breakfast in the school, thank you." Lucas sighed. If anything, he would puke right here, there and then.

"And that's something your brother wouldn't do." his dad said grumpily. He always objected to whatever Lucas had to say. It wasn't the first time though.

"Well, he is sleeping up there." Lucas retorted pointing at the roof. "If he does wake up, it would be afternoon already. He said last night-- 'I'll wake up early and study for my future and blah and blah'-- it's 8 already. Isn't cool, now, is it?"

"The least you can do is leaving him alone. He can sleep until anytime he wants. I know he would be missing this house, and his room, so-"

"Honey, we're getting late." his mother, who was kind enough to cut his dad off, patted his shoulders and motioned him to the door. His dad just shook his head at the clock and stood up, putting on his black sleek business blazer. The company worked wonders for the city. And his father being the CEO was a rotten cherry on top.

His mother made her way towards Lucas and smiled, pulling him into a hug.

"Good morning, Sunshine." She rocked him back and forth making him shake his head at her.

"Good morning." He replied nonetheless. His mother parted away and kissed him on the forehead.

"Don't want pancakes? Don't eat. It's okay. Just have something from the fruit basket. Don't Starve though." His mother ruffled his head.

"Yeah mom, got it. I will not starve." He chuckled.

"Okay then. I will have to leave, have a good day!"

"you too!" He called back, watching his mother scramble to the door. "Perfect." Lucas said sarcastically, cringing at the served pancakes on the table as front the door clicked shut. He picked up another plate and covered it on top of pancakes because he surely wasn't going to eat or touch them.

Ew.

Instead he took an apple with him to the school.

He couldn't have breakfast in the school though; his school's cafeteria was not yet open. Seeing as he was very early to be in school, he loitered around school lobbies and corridors. And... Oh yeah. He settled in Library.