Chapter TWENTY

Chapter TWENTY

Lucas was covered in faint blush.

He knew it. He knew it was a bad idea to agree for a lift. He could have just walked all the way down to school like he always does, but no, Connor's lazy bum had to drag him all the way to a Porsche. Now the school's probably gonna think he's stupid.

They're gonna think he's an attention seeker. They'll hate him.

"Oye, pretty boy?"

Connor almost jumps with a small shriek of curse words, making Lucas cringe first and then turn around frantically. It was her. It was Hailey.

He didn't know why people liked calling them 'pretty boys', it was almost like they were getting bullied. But it never felt that way.

He hardened his face, trying to push that thought to the back of his head because now, he was bubbling with feelings. What is it was... like.. a nick name?

"H-Hi." Connor stuttered. That's when Lucas noticed that Hailey was talking to Connor and not to him. ...So he wasn't being greeted by people he knew? Oh yes, it's how he lives. With no friends that actually would bother themselves to walk upto Lucas.

"Why are you both glued to this spot?" She asked, jutting her finger out to point it out.

"Uh, we were just... kinda looking." Lucas replied.

"Well, it's time to stop looking and start walking." She chuckled, before she turned around and walked away. Honestly, why was she even here? Why was she even talking to them?

It felt strange. Just two seconds ago, she was being... polite?

After pondering around in their thoughts, sharing weird glances, walking towards the teachers to let them note their name down, and after a whole lot of everyone throwing quick glances here and there, everyone were freaking finally gathered around three huge school buses.

They were gonna trip in buses.

Polite Hailey was standing a few feet away from them. And their P.A teacher, who was even their sports teacher, was addressing them on their behavior.

"We got rules!" He roared as everyone let out a cry of displeasure. "Everyone is supposed to be creative during the journey. It's gonna take more than six hours, so lets not get bored. As we will be travelling to San Francisco all the way, we will expect a little bit of enthusiasm."

"Do think it'll be fun?" Connor whispered to Lucas. "I mean, I've been to San Fran and it sucked arses."

"Language." Lucas cleared his throat.

"Whatever."

"Okay, after Reaching our desired location, that is, our booked hotel, y'all will be assigned rooms, and y'all will also be assigned room mates." Coach continued. "We don't want any issues. And, no sneaking out the rooms at night. You will be watched, and if you get caught, you'll fall in trouble."

"Who sneaks out at night?" Lucas amused. He just couldn't see why would people sneak out. Why would anyone do it? Why do people wanna ditch sleep?

"Me." Someone purred int his ear, which made him instantly shudder and swiftly turn around. He almost snapped his own neck.

"You will be taken to places, like museums, beach, Golden Gate bridge and..."

Coach went on, but Lucas could care any less, blocking out his voice from his head. His eyes were already blown wide by noticing how close Claire was standing. He could feel her breath on his shoulders.

She was here. Claire was here. But why was he panicking?! Why was his soul ready to leave his body?!

"Hey there, Lukey." She smirked, making him stop breathe and turn around.

"Hey." He muttered and proceeded to listen to coach again.

"No one is going to misbehave. We'll have fire pits, You all are allowed to celebrate beach parties there... "

Then Claire traced her finger from his shoulder blades, down the spine, and lucas swore he was gonna die right here by chest pains and breathlessness.

"Everyone in the campus were stunned when you stepped out that Porsche." She stepped close leaning in to his ears.  "Looking good."

Lucas didn't respond, instead stepped away. He was already sweating.

"One last and important rule," Coach paused to put on a serious face. "Enjoy."

Before things could get worse for Lucas, he grabbed Connor by his sleeves and started dragging him to where everyone were piling up to enter the bus. He dragged Connor all the way the the third bus, and took a deep breath.

Little did he know that Claire followed them all the way.

"Uhm, Cas? you look like you walked into someone having.. you know.." Connor pulled his arm back and rolled his eyes.

"Uh, Connor, why are you always having these thoughts?"

"I was talking to someone! and you just pulled me out of the blue."

"Well, things were getting intense!" Lucas exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Wha-"

"Intense?"  Claire interrupted, walking in to face the two of them.

"Intense." Lucas muttered again to himself.

"The game has just begun, Boy. Enjoy the trip while you still can." She winked, before she shuffled past them and into the bus. "What are you waiting for? Hop in."

Listening to those words, Lucas was suddenly having second thoughts.

His mind was going crazy, he was still feeling her breath on him, her finger tips sliding down his back, and her whispers in his ears.

.

.

.

Mistakes will be edited soon x

Sorry for the late update! Been studying since forever ;-;

Comment and vote! Let me know what you think! x