chapter FORTY FOUR

Claire slammed the door shut and slid her bag down her shoulders. She tossed it onto the floor and flopped down on the couch infront of the television.

After the long ass journey from SanFransisco, all her muscles were strained and her head was aching because she didn't get any sleep at all.

She couldnt be bothered to search for the remote so she just stared at the blank screen as if it'll automatically turn on any moment now.

And to her surprise, it actually did. Not to mention the startled look on her face.

"Good to see you're alive." A voice spoke from behind and she instantly knew who it was.

"Chandler." Claire amused. "What are you-"

"The Electricity and Water supply in our college and dorms ran out and we have been given two months holidays."

"How does that matter-"

"And your parents asked me to stay here."

"...Okay." Claire blinked.

Chandler continued surfing through the channels, silence settling down inbetween them.

Well, Chandler is just another cousin Claire has. Out of all her family members, she felt that Chandler was quite different. He understood her.

Their relationship was different.

He continued watching the television, not caring about his cousin, flipping through the channels and finally settling on watching Friends.

The door opened again and this time Claire's mother trudged in with groceries in a bag that she held in her hands.

"Chandler! I'm home." She called out from the hallway, quickly walking into the kitchen barely noticing her daughter's presence.

"Aunt Ni! I'm here in the living room."

"Okay, good!" she answered back, and after a few minutes passed, she called out again. "Can you please ring up Claire for me? God knows what she must be doing right now. She was supposed to be here an hour ago."

"Uh-"

"And tell her not to waste her time going around drinking and smoking with her so called friends. I mean, I'm sure she does drugs-" Chandler gave Claire a look and she just rolled her eyes while shaking her head a 'no'. "- which will definitely ruin her health because she's careless. You know this whole week I've been so relaxed. I actually felt calm and lived a little without anyone nagging around in the house or worrying about when she's gonna come home. Now that you're here for two months, I think ill become stressless." she laughed at herself for the last word.

"Aunty,"

"Yes Chandler?"

"She's sitting right next to me."

"Oh wow." She exclaimed, swiftly walking out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Claire sighed, rubbing her forehead and turning around to look at her mother.

She knew this was coming.

"Couldn't you have called me, Claire? Atleast a text would have been better. This behaviour is not acceptable. How long has it been since you arrived?" Her mother frowned at her.

"15?"

"15?! You were supposed to be-"

"Aunty, actually she was here like two hours ago. She's lying." He turned around to fake glare at Claire who just looked at him puzzled. "I've told you it's not a good thing to mess around."

"Uh-huh." Claire nodded. "You caught me."

"Right." Her mother sighed. "Okay I'm going to prepare for dinner, indulge yourselves in stuff. If anything happens, dont bother me. You all are grown ups, act like it."

Chandler chuckled loudly at his aunt's sassiness and after she was out of the view and in the kitchen again, he whipped his head to look at Claire. He wiggled his eyebrows.

"What?" She questioned.

"Anything exciting I need to know about?"

"... Yourself." Claire dismissed him and stared at the television, wearing a bored expression.

"Apart from my exciting self?"

She gave him a look from the corner of her eyes and sighed.

"Actually. Yes."

Chandler's face changed colours and he leaned in closer to listen to what Claire had to tell him. He was a sucked for drama, and she knew it.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I'm gay." She whispered just as slowly as he asked.

****

"Ah, the dinner was so delicious. I was missing this food since forever. Damn, I'm gonna ask Aunt Ni to work in my collegebso that I get food like this everyday." Chandler rubbed his tummy in satisfaction of killing his hunger and sighed happily. "I need more food. If not for now, for later. I'll pack everything to my dorms-"

"Can you shut the fuck up?" Claire hissed, sparing a harsh glance at her cousin who layed down on her bed.

"Nah can do." He smiled cheekily. "But anyways, are you really gay? I thought you were as straight as my di-"

"Finish that sentence and you die."

"-Ck."

Claire shot up from her seat and slammed her hands on the table she was working on... Actually she was just scrolling through her phone.

"Chandler."

"Yes, my cute little wittle jiggly wiggly cousin."

"Get out."

And that's how Chandler ended up dragging himself to the attic and happily sleeping on the spare bed.

Just that the attic was a little spacious. And he even had a lot of fun knocking down on Claire's room's ceiling to which Claire replied by a death threat.

He also went through almost half of the photo albums in there, chuckling and smiling at the memories.

Chandler was probably the only one who could get onto Claire's nerves all he wanted with a smile.

He was just happy to be here.

.
.
.
.

New entry??? Thoughts on Chandler?

Comment vote and love :))

//Another update soon coz I'm jobless //