Chapter THIRTY TWO

Chapter thirty two

This was 7 days trip.

First day was just plain boring, just travelling and shit, which seemed like a waste of time. But they had to.

The second day went on with the students whining about visiting art galleries and art museums... Except Claire. She enjoyed observing Lucas' expressions everytime he saw a new painting or anything even. And then came the party.

Party was mostly Claire worrying about Lucas and not to mention she almost broke Adam's face when she saw him at 3 o'clock in the night.

But she didn't as Adam was struggling to keep the two boys in his arms up from sleeping or passing out in the middle of the road that lead to their hotel.

Sean was pretty annoying and Lucas kept hitting on people.

Which was something completely drastic.

Once, he went "Hey Cooper, has your hair always been so feathery to see?"

And Claire being Claire just shrugged. "I guess."

"How about I touch and see it for myself?"

"No."

"What about pulling on it?" And he winked, which made Adams and Claire's jaw hit the floor together.

So then Claire pretty much had a nose bleed the entire night and she ditched them all and walked back alone.

Poor Adam had to bear with the not-so-innocent Lucas and a whiny little 5-year-old Sean.

But he managed it.

The third day.. well, the third day, the school had left without them to tour around the city.

Most of the students had already been to San Francisco but that didn't stop the school from tripping everyone here. The students were here to enjoy with friends which, they were indeed doing.

With the car that Hailey booked for everyone, they drove all the way to Golden Gate Bridge.

The second day ended with them spending all of the time in the mall.

The mall there was so huge that Claire, Sean and Adam forgot to breathe. But for the rich fuckers like Lucas, Connor and Hailey, visiting places so big was common.

But still, it just made them all gawk at the building.

They all took a seat on a table in the food court of the mall, each either eating a burrito or ice cream.

Claire took a closer look at the people she was surrounded by.

Adam, who was as always, just looking around and being cautious about every single thing going on. Hailey and Connor who had grown closer to each other in just span of two days were whispering stuff, so softly, even if Claire leaned in to listen, she could hear only the air.

Lucas was oddly concentrating on his ice cream, staring at it, and if he could shoot laser through his eyes then the ice cream would have been on fire.

It was really awkward, but at the same time it wasn't awkward because everyone were just doing their own work and didn't bother to bother others.

"Guys, who wants to grab shawarma?" Sean asked, wiping his palms on paper towels and taking a seat opposite to Claire.

"Shawarma?" Adam raised his eyebrows.

"Eh. Do you get it?" He rolled his eyes.

"Would I ask if I did?" It was Adam's turn to roll his own eyes.

"Right."

"I heard shawarma. Who's marvellous?" Connor beamed at Sean.

"Me." Sean relied with a sense of pride in his voice.

"Whoa! Man, same month birth, and both of us like Marvel?!"

"Exactly." He smiled back at Connor and it was the kindest thing Claire has ever seen the boy do.

"Well, I like the movies but Lucas here likes comics better." Connor nudges Lucas and poked his cheek like an annoying best friend no one wants.

Lucas just shoed him away and went back on concentrating on his ice cream.

"But seriously, I wanted to ask if anyone wanted to grab McD's." Sean says, looking at everyone present.

"Uh, I'm not hungry." Adam shook his head.

"Me neither." Claire replied.

"Not me. I'm full." Connor said, and the other two just shrugged.

Maybe no one saw Sean's face that fell, but he quickly retracted and replied an okay. Man, did he really wanna eat McD's.

Soon, they were hitting the shops, digital store and many more branded shops.

And in the middle, Claire might have secretly pulled out her Polaroid Camera and clicked candids.

The last person she sat with in the car was Lucas' that too in the very back seat, just the two of them, and the last pic that was taken that day was something so darn memorable, it turned out to be Claire's favorite.

Update x2

Comment vote and love!!!!!