chapter FORTY

A/n: we're only quarter way through the book...

CHAPTER FORTY

The next day... Well let's say the next day went with everyone being busy as fuck. But that didn't stop them from holding a party at the night too.

It was just the students drinking and... Yeah all the other things included.

Oddly, Claire went back to her place in the evening and never came out.

Lucas just hung out with Connor that day, clicking pictures from his DSLR camera, and giggling to himself all day long.

As for now, Sean wanted to get some rest.

Sean flopped down on the giant shared tent that he and Adam had set up. He was totally exhausted from all the work he had been doing, not to mention Adam kept ordering him around.

After two hours of sipping one glass of drink, he swore to God he was tired as hell he ended up leaving the glass on the table half empty.

But now Adam was already asleep next to him... Or at least that's what he thought.

Sean switched torch light off just stared at the darkness.

His phone had died down in the mid day, and he didn't have power bank to charge it up, so that sucked for him. Sighing, he pulled the zipper of the sleeping bag up to his waist and closed his eyes.

He wasn't that keen of sleeping. His body needed the sleep, but he didn't. He still wanted to stay up and enjoy, but that couldn't be possible.

He closed his eyes.

Two minutes later, he was turning around to face his right. Again after a few more minutes, he was facing the other. It continued, until he let out an annoyed groan at the loud bass playing outside.

It felt like the music system was right next to his ear.

"Can't sleep?" Adam mumbled, clearly irritated by the movements.

"Uh.. sorry to disturb you but the music is fucking my sleep."

"Eh, I have been trying to sleep from past three hours what do you expect?" Suddenly, Adam was sitting up and ripping the sleeping bag off of him.

"Do you sleep that early everyday?" Sean frowned.

"Well, not everyday." Adam rolled his eyes remembering that he came back to his tent at 10pm which he hardly ever did. "I mean, Claire kicked me out, I have no clue where Hailey is."

"Oh." Sean said, noticing that Adam was now pulling his jacket on. "Are you leaving to somewhere?"

"Just for some peace." Adam replied.

"Oh. Can I join you?"

"Uh.. sure.." Adam shot a confused glance towards the said boy and just walked out.

Sean followed, pulling his own jacket with him, instantly being met by cold air and loud ass music which made him cringe.

"Where to?"

"Woods."

"Not the safest place I know."

"I don't give a fuck."

"Right."

Sean just looked around at the moonlit place, long and tall trees hovering over the two of them as they walked deeper into the forest.

They were still at a safe distance so it didn't really bother Sean.

"What a shitty ass place." Adam mumbled with a disgusted tone to his words. "Smells like puke."

Sean chuckled nervously, knowing that it wasn't puke, but just some dead animal somewhere.

"Can't wait to leave this place." Sean sighed, sounding defeated.

"Then why did you tag along, assfuck?" Adam sneered at him, making him shake his head a little.

"Not this place." He rolled his eyes. "The trip, in general."

Adam just didn't reply, just walking further ahead. When they decided that they didn't get the unpleasant smell there, they halted and sat on some huge tree trunks.

"Why do you wanna go back?" Adam questioned, trying to break the awkward silence.

"I don't really want to go. But I have a match to attend to."

"Match?"

"A boxing tournament." Sean shrugged.

"Oh." Adam said. "When is this tournament?"

Adam asked a tad bit curious.

"Uh, on Monday." Sean mumbled.

"Are your parents gonna be there?"

"Uh.. um.. no?" Sean chuckled lightly, and shrugged again. "They won't be there."

"Why not? Do they disapprove of the boxing?"

"Like hell they care." Sean brushed it off by looking at the moon and showing it to Adam for no reason. He wanted the discussion to end, but that seemed hard to do.

"What do you mean?"

There was an empty silence that took over the place. Sean just stared at the ground and fumbled with the long sleeves of his Addidas jacket. He didn't know what to say, well, more like didn't know how to tell Adam.

It was just a topic Sean always seemed to avoid, which Adam just realised.

"You never talk about your family.." Adam eyes him curiously. "But you know details about my ancestors."

"Ha, no I don't." He defended himself.

"You get my point."

"I don't."

Adam knew Sean clearly understood what he meant. Just the fact that Sean knew his secrets bothered him because he hasn't been able to trust the boy as much as he trusted Claire.

But he wanted to respect Sean's privacy, so he let the topic of discussion slip. Maybe Sean lost his parents in an accident? Maybe some medical issue?

Who knew what the boy's parents are going through?

Adam took a deep breath and sighed.

"Yeha, hear me out will ya?" Claire rolled her eyes. "Take a fucking moment and vote, comment and love. Doesn't need that much effort."
Claire sighed and went back to smoking.

Sorry there wasn't ClairexLucas in this chapter, but I promise something VERY NICE IS COMING UP ;)