Chapter 1

Summer just started about 2 weeks ago and I needed to start doing something other than watch Netflix all day and eat cheeze-its.

My mom came home and saw me sitting on the couch and like usual, has to comment about something I'm doing whether it be negative or positive. It's usually negative.

I heard her car door slam and I saw her walk up the drive way and up to our door. I heard her tap the code on the door then the locks unlock.

"Have you been sitting there all day?!" She said. Not even a 'hi how was your day' or 'I'm so glad I'm home'. No. It's never been that way.

"I went to swim practice earlier...." I replied.

She set all her bags down.

"Thats right. But have you done any thing productive at all?"

"Not really... I know mom. I haven been going out with friends and stuff. But I have an idea."

"No, you may not have friends come over during the day." She interupted.

"You didn't let me finish! I have an idea to start a babysitting gig!"

"At our house? Ummmmm no."

"No like where I go to their house."

"I guess... But how do you get to swim?"

"I could ask coach if she could let me go in on early mornings. She has a group that she has that even goes at 4 am. What if I went to practice at like 6?"

"What time does it end?" She was chewing on the inside of her lip.

"They are only an hour. I'd be done by 7. You don't have to get to work until 8. Boom. Perfect."

"I'll think about it Kenz."

"So yes or no?" I always use that to geta straight answer

She brushed her fingers through her hair.

"Sure i guess."

"I'll make flyers now!"

"Don't use all the printer ink!"

I ran upstairs to our office and sat down in a chair. I grabbed a laptop and sat it infront of me on the desk. I typed in the password and went to keynote. I started typing and adding fun fonts and styling it the way I wanted to.

It didn't take me long really. It didn't need anything but my number, name, and email really.

I printed about 150 flyers. It took about 15 minutes for all of them to print.

My sister walked in while all the papers were printing.

"What are you doing?! Mom is gonna get mad you are gonna use all the ink!" She yelled.

"She said it was fine... Go away Addie."

She rolled her eyes and walked out of the office with her pink mac laptop. I don't have a laptop because I just use my moms when ever I need something, but Addison always needs things she doesn't even use.