Chapter 42

A month had passed since I sat on the plane next to Felix and had come to Australia. I found new friends quickly and I got used to the new environment well. I still missed Ten and Yun-Hee but it was managable. Since we've almost got involved in a fight, I've grown close to Chris and he became, with Felix, my best friend in Australia. However, that changed quickly. I was on my way to meet the two boys so we could drink coffee and study together for the upcoming exams. As I got near to our meeting point, I saw from afar that only Felix was waiting for me and I couldn't see Chris anywhere. I frowned in confusion, he always came together with Felix because they were neighbors. As I hugged Felix, I asked where his friend was and looked at him curiously. "Oh, he got busy suddenly." His voice was calm and he shrugged casually after he answered me. I wasn't quite convinced, I could sense that there was something more but I didn't ask about it, I didn't think it was important. Big mistake. "Oh okay, then I guess it's just us two today." I grinned at him and tried to make my voice sound lightly but I felt my heart sink. I didn't know why but everytime I was alone with him I felt uneasy. This time wasn't different and I tried angrily to keep myself together. "Goddammit, he's one of your best friends!" I yelled at myself silently as I walked next to him to our usual coffeeshop.
We entered the café and I felt myself relax, the atmosphere never failed to calm me down and its magic worked this time as well as always. By the time we reached our table I could joke around with Felix as usual and all the uneasiness was gone. We sat down and Felix said that he'd invite me so I didn't have to pay which was great. Our study session was very successful and when we left the café, it was dark already, I felt exhausted. Maybe that's the reason I noticed too late that we didn't take the usual way home and I stopped, looking at Felix confused. "Where are we going? I don't recognize this street?" By the time I asked that, we just entered a narrow, barely lighted alley I didn't recognize either. Suddenly the uneasiness was back. Where was he taking me? What's going on? Felix just smirked and came closer. "Don't you think it's romantic?" He whispered and pinned me to the wall with his strong arms. My heart was racing and my eyes widened in fear: "What are you doing? Let me go!" I tried to free myself but he only tightened his grip and came even closer to my face. "I'm sorry but I've been waiting for this too long already." And with these words he leaned in and kissed me. I could feel his greedy lips on mine and I wanted to throw up. I raised my knee and hit his balls with full strength which successfully made him groan in pain. I took advantage of that and freed myself from his grip. Then I ran. I ran all the way back to the coffeeshop and then went into the direction of my apartment. As I entered a more crowded area, I slowed down a bit but I still walked fast until I reached my home. With shaky hands, I shoved my key in the lock, it took me several tries to unlock the door. I opened the door and ran in, as soon as I crossed the door step I shut the door with a loud noise. Panting, I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes. It took me a few minutes to calm down and as I did I took out my phone and called Ten.