Jessi never takes her eyes off of Leah, and she has a slight smile on her face throughout the whole damn thing. She claps at the appropriate times, and mutters sweet things under her breath. I just look around the room to distract myself, but Jessi is the best distraction. I could stare at her all day and never get bored.

"Can we still go to the reception?" she asks. I notice that everyone is standing and walking around. It must have ended. "Or are you done? Because we can go if you need to go. I don't mind. You've already-"

"We can go to the reception. Just not for long." I've already survived the worst of it. It's official. They're married. I wish I could get drunk and try to enjoy myself, but that will only end in one way. I don't want to have even worse memories associated with today.

The cold air hits me as we step outside and I see the reception tent right next to the church.

"It's outside?" I ask as Jessi starts following the crowd.

"Come on, Will."

"It's freezing. I don't want you outside in this weather without a coat."

I'll be damned if she ends up with frostbite or hypothermia from this wedding.

"I'm sure it's heated," she says like I'm an idiot. 

"I don't trust it," I mutter under my breath.

She laughs as she pulls me forward. "It's not a wild animal. You're acting like a five-year-old." At least she's saying that with a smile, because the reality is that I am acting like a child. I'm trying to think of a logical excuse to get out of here, but nothing comes to mind. I can suffer through just a little bit longer, I guess.

"Twenty minutes and we're leaving."

She stops right before entering the tent.

"We can leave now, if you need to." I consider her suggestion.

I want to leave, but I know that I shouldn't. I'll just say hi to Leah and then tell Jessi it's time to go. She looks like she's enjoying herself despite my bitter attitude, and I don't want to ruin this for her.

"Fifteen minutes." She nods with a smile and walks into the tent.

It's like walking into a fucking cloud. Everything is white; the chairs, the tables, the floor, the walls, the flowers, the decorations. I don't know who came up with the winter wonderland theme, but they must have forgotten that it hardly snows here. I think it's just stupid, but Jessi looks like she just walked into heaven.

"It's beautiful," she says taking everything in. I chuckle at her expression. She's so easily amused.

"Yeah, yeah. Do you want a drink?"

I take one from a waiter walking by and hand it to her before she can respond. She thanks me and take too big of a slip, crinkling up her nose.

"You look like a rabbit when you do that," I say quickly kissing her nose.

"You look like my boyfriend when you do that," she whispers giving me a cautious look. Damn, I forgot. It's so hard to keep my hands to myself when all I want to do is be alone with Jessi. I still feel tense and anxious, and I desperately need to kiss her. It seems like she's teasing me every time she talks. I just keep staring at her lips and picturing them on mine.  

"Leah's over there," Jessi says pointing across the room. I spot her immediately and also take note that Ethan is nowhere to be seen. At least one thing is going right.

I start walking over to her, but something feels missing. I turn back and see that Jessi hasn't followed me.

"Are you coming?"