Ralof x (Female Elven) Reader ~Old Habits~

Start from the beginning

With a pleased hum, you threw the items over your arm, half-mindedly closing the door as you gathered all the items you'd picked out and dragged them to the bathroom.

Stripping off your dirty clothes, you looked at yourself in the small mirror over the basin of water that was the sink.

Oh, there would be much work to be done.

''''''

Nearly 2 hours later, you were strutting down the stairs of the Jarl's wing that led to the war room, a lightweight black linen cloak with the hood up the only thing keeping your improved looks hidden from view.

You heels echoed in the main hall when you entered.

No one was to be seen, save for the unfortunate souls stuck on duty.

Old confidence rolled off you in waves, calm and certain in your very being.

The chill of the night met your skin the second you exited the Palace of Kings, a sigh leaving your lips and fogging the air around you.

You left tracks in the fresh snow, footsteps firm as you walked with long strides. People of all sorts gather around the main inn, Candlehearth Hall, and you tapped down the cold stone stairs before walking to one of the back doors and entering.

Your ears were blasted by the sound of people mingling, drinking, and laughing.

A deep breath.

You lowered your hood, unclasping it and throwing it to the ground. It was cheap, you could do with a new one anyway.

Someone let out a wolf-whistle in the crowd, something you hadn't heard directed to you in so many years. You rolled out your neck before beginning to cut through the large thick of people, expertly moving to the stairs leading to the bottom floor where the drinks resided.

You'd spotted three people you were rather nervous to see in mere seconds of reaching the ground level floor, but attempted to keep your cool.

You squeezed through the cluster of soldiers around the bar, flagging the innkeeper down with a small smile.

"Yes? Drinks, shots, food?" the woman questioned, winded, and you chuckled.

"4 shots, strongest you've got with no chaser," you hum, "Jarl's tab."

She blinked, "You're..."

You quirked a brow.

She shook the surprise off, grabbing 4 shot glasses from under the counter and a bottle of a red liquid, quickly and carefully pouring it in each glass.

Argonian liquor? Oh, you were going to suffer in the best way.

The woman slid the drinks to your side of the bar, a few soldiers casting interested glances, but nothing more until you downed the first 2 glasses in rapid succession, the intense fire in your throat igniting in seconds.

You let out a whistle while the woman behind the bar stared incredulously, along with a few around you.

Barely anyone but hard-worn sailors could take hard Argonain drink, and one such as breath-taking as you... well, that was a sight.

As the burning resided, you took the next two you'd ordered, stacking the glasses afterward like you hadn't just downed 4 shots of the strongest alcohols in all of Skyrim.

"Holy fuck!" came a familiar yell.

Ralof.

You turned to glance at the man standing behind you, tilting your head.

He continued to stare, wide-eyed, and you sheepishly grinned, something entirely unlike your normal, cold persona.

"I used to party hard when I was younger," you explain. "I could down two bottles of Firebrand before getting uncomfortable. That was nothing."

He barked out a laugh, "You are hot! You are actually, really, really hot!"

You winked, "If you insist."

"Like," he continued, "I would literally marry you type of hot!"

You raised a brow.

He flushed. "I-I, uh, I've had a few drinks."

"I can rent a room," you suggested.

He shook his head rapidly, "No, no, no, I wanna dance."

You laughed, hard. "So you wanna cop a feel on my ass?"

The man scoffed, "Of course!"

He slapped a hand over his mouth abruptly afterward, adding a frantic statement of, "I didn't mean it!"

A small smirk; you propped your hip to the side and rested a light hand on it and spoke in low tones, "I think you did mean it, Ralof."

"Okay," he muttered, "you're too good at this."

~~~~~~~~

Fun fact: I originally was going to do an Ulfric one-shot, but decided it was more Ralof-y.

Otherwise, I have no school tomorrow!

And, I have a 4-hour assignment due.

So I guess I'll get that done tomorrow morning.

Anyways, requests?

I'm on Ulfric one-shot withdrawals, I swear ;-;

Okay,

I need to go,

Dani out,

Adieu!