I didn't get so much sleep last night

Adam's: POV

October 12th 1972: Nashville Tennessee

I picked up my daugther at school. Charlie came out of the classroom with a sad look in her face. Two girls passed her and they whispered something.

"Hey, you're okay?" I asked worried. "Yeah, I'm fine!" said Charlie. "Has anyone be mean to you?" I asked. "I said I'm fine dad!" she yelled. "Okay!" I said low. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell!" replied Charlie. "It's okay honey!" I said and gave her a hug.

(Adam and his daughter Charlie)

We talked more on the way home. "You seem tired!" she said. "I didn't get so much sleep last night!" I replied. "Why not?" asked Charlie. "Full moon and nightmares kept me awake!" I said. "Was it about papa and Noah?" she asked. "Yes!" I said sadly. "I miss them too!" replied Charlie.

We arrived home. I unlocked the door and walked in. I went to the kitchen and took out a wine bottle from a cupboard. I filled a glass and drank.

I've started drinking to cope with the pain. I took it very hard when my husband and son died. I know Charlie doesn't like it. I wish I could be a better father to her.

(Their house)

(Their house)

***

I went to her room and knocked on the door. "Come in!" said Charlie. I walked in and sat next to her on the bed.

"Hello pumkin, what are you doing?" I asked. "Reading!" she said. "Do you want to tell me what happened at school?" I asked. She ran her hand through her hair and sighed.

"April and Sofia bullied me!" said Charlie. "What?" I asked shocked. "They think I'm a freak because my dad drinks and likes men!" she said. "Don't care about them!" I replied. "I'm trying to avoid them!" saif Charlie.

"I know I'm not the best dad, but I love you with all my heart. I'm always here if you want to talk. I will alwasy protect you!" I said. "I love you too!" replied Charlie. "We will be a family again, I promise!" I said.

She hugged me and tears were streaming down her face. "I'm here sweetie!" I said calmly. "I miss Noah so much." she sobbed. "Me too!" I said.

Adam is a wonderful father to Charlie❤️ He's alwasy there for her when she needs him.

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~