The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey(21)

Start from the beginning

“Don’t touch her,” Alejandro responded, seriously.

He looked back at me, making sure I was okay before paying back attention to Roy. “The police have already a reason to throw your ass in jail don’t give them another one.” He spoke out.

“Even after the shit she tried doing to you you’re going to defend her?” Roy exclaimed.

“Whatever she did is between her and I! You don’t go around hitting a girl! You don’t touch girls!” He yelled, angrily at him.

Alejandro knew I had played him; Roy had managed to tell him. He succeeded to ruin part of my life. Roy looked at me with his eyes filled with anger.

“I’m glad I beat up Olive, I would do it again if I could.” He said, smiling evilly at me.

I glanced at the ground then at him. “I would punch you again if I could, but I’ll let those two police officers over there.” I pointed to the men standing by the lockers, giving him dirty looks. “To take care of you.”

I turned around walking away as everyone kept their eyes on me. Taking in a deep breathe I held my head up high not letting anything take me down. Alejandro chased after me, stopping in front of me.

“Why?” He asked me, hurt filling his voice. “Why try to play me?”

“Why not try to play you? I felt like I had all the reasons too.” I told him, exhailing.

When I imagined telling him this I thought the feeling would be more tasteful, more fulfilling. My plan didn’t backfire; I didn’t fall in love with him. Feelings were still there but they weren’t developed in anyway. My plan just wasn’t thought out well and back then I chose all the wrong reasons to play him.

“When I thought you were sleeping with someone in the library and you were really sleeping I felt bad. I thought that maybe you weren’t the guy I thought, but when I walked into the hallway and saw you kissing Yavanna I felt played. I felt like you did it on purpose.” I told him, keeping my eyes locked on him.

“But I wasn’t!” He defended himself. “You kept being pushy and I got mad when you kept assuming things!”

I nodded. “You had the right too, when you slept with the girl in the dress shop and then called me a bitch. That’s when I had the last straw; I made a plan to play the pre-legends. I tried to play you.” I said, forth fully. “I wanted you to suffer like I thought you deserved too.”

He stayed quiet, just staring at me. “But you aren’t what I thought you were. You’re a player and I guess that’s something you can’t change but behind that player there’s a guy I denied to see.”

I gulped. “You’re the guy who gave up his jersey. You’re just the guy for me now.” I whispered.

I don’t think the game was over yet, but this part of it I was done with. For once I swallowed my pride and was honest with myself. I just wanted to start fresh even if it means leaving people behind.