29 ~ Month Nine: August

Start from the beginning

"The best." Brett answers, "I'll be back tomorrow, do you fancy meeting me?"

He wants to meet me as soon as he gets back from his holiday. Why does that make me feel important?

"Meeting you?" I echo, pacing around the pool.

"My parents are away with Alice. I have no-one to pick me up." He replies. I stop pacing as my stomach drops. Is he serious?

"You want me to pick you up from the airport?" I scoff, shaking my head as I look over towards the girls.

"If you don't mind."

"Absolutely not." I snap, running my hand through my blonde hair.

"Come on, I'll pay for gas."

"You are unbelievable, really Brett go fu..."

"I also wouldn't mind seeing your beautiful face. I've really missed it." He cuts me off, taking me by surprise.

"Wha..."

"I'll see you tomorrow at three." He retorts quickly before the line goes dead. I pull the phone away from my ear, staring down at it in disbelief. Arrogant Jock. Why do I ever think he's changed?

"Idiot." I snap through gritted teeth, making my way back towards the girls.

"Well... what did he want?" Georgia smiles, all of them looking at me expectantly.

"A ride home from the airport." I scoff, dropping the phone on the chair.

"You know what that really means don't you?" Becky pipes up, smiling cheekily at me.

"What?"

"A ride?"

Is she insinuating that he wants me for...

"Becky !" Zara exclaims, slapping her around the arm. Yep, that's what Becky means.

"It's true!" Becky holds her hands up in surrender. 

"I'll drop him home and drive away." I assure them, "That's all."

"We'll see." Becky winks and I roll my eyes.

"Hey Bec, are Mom and Dad out?" Haydon's voice interrupts us and we all turn to see him walk out the doors, his chest bare. He definitely works out.

"Haydon!" Georgia exclaims, holding up her hand in a small wave.

"Hey girls." He nods at us, smiling softly.

"Hey." I reply, smiling back.

"How are you?" He asks, walking over towards us.

"Good good." Georgia babbles, "Summer's always good."

"She's right." I nod, an amused smirk on my face. Georgia always turns into some sort of blathering mess around Haydon. Luckily I don't think Becky has noticed... yet.

"Good, the weather sure has been hot this week hasn't it?" He replies, his grin widening.

"Yes." Georgia nods quickly, grinning.

"I guess." Becky replies, her voice bored as she rolls her eyes.

"What have you been up to?" He crosses his arms, leaning against the edge of the house as he smiles at us.

"Just..."

"Alright that's enough. Leave Haydon before you draw them in with you flirting." Becky cuts him off, jumping up and pushing him backwards, towards the house.

"Becky!" Georgia squeals.

"See you later girls, good to see you." Haydon calls over his shoulder as his sister pushes him with force back into the house.