Thirty Seven

I've been home for a little over a week now and everyone knew about the bundle of joy I was hiding, it wasn't the most ideal way for the Mendes family to find out when Shawn told them of course. But after a day or two Karen and Manny came over and once they saw my baby bump they knew it was all to real and Karen seemed over the moon I'm a weird way. I hadn't seen or spoken to Shawn after the last time in the backyard, and I was silently happy for that. As much as I missed him, I just didn't have that same urge to want to be around him constantly like I did before, before.

"Ready? Everyone is here." Trisha said breaking me out of my thoughts coming into the bathroom that I was in looking at my reflection.

Today was the first time we would all be together, the Mendes and my parents since the news of my pregnancy and arrival back home.

"It's now or never." I said looking at the mirror speaking to both myself and Trisha.

She smiled at me and looked at my bigger bump. It had only been a week but my mom was feeding me nonstop so my bump grew in a size a little, it was much more noticeable now as I wore black tights under my burgundy shirt sleeve shirt that was now snug on my stomach.

"Your growing, it's getting cuter." Trisha said placing her hand on me bump , she had grew insanely close to peanut and I loved it, she was the best person I would ever imagine to be around my kid beside my parents. 

My dad knocked on the door, seeing us and he stopped looking over at me and down at my bump. My dad was still trying to adjust to the idea that his 18 year old previously admitted high school graduate daughter was about to be a mother. Trisha quickly excused herself running dads arm and smiling back at me as she disappeared down the hall, Leaving just me and dad.

He rubbed on his slight scruff on his jaw before looking at me for what seemed like the first time in the week I've been home. I really just wanted to hug my dad but apart of me was still scared ever since he yelled so loudly at me.

"How's the belly?" He said in a whisper as he looked at my stomach again.

"Peanuts, okay a little nervous about this dinner but okay." I said laying my hand over my bump and looking down at my bump.

"Peanut.. that's cute. How are you kiddo?" He said looking at me again, he looked like my dad again just with a little hurt in his beautiful eyes.

"I'm okay dad, ready to get this over with honestly." I said meeting his gaze.

"Are you ready to see Shawn?" He asked like if he was in my mind. I looked at him and I felt the tears about to come out and I couldn't understand why because I wasn't hurt or anything.

My dad must've seen me fighting the tears because he came and hugged me like a bear hug and the moment he did I started crying. It wasn't for Shawn but more for my dad. He rubbed my hair and kissed my head repeatedly.

"It's okay baby. You got this, mom Trisha and I are behind you a thousand percent." He said resting is chin on my head.

"Thanks daddy." I said rubbing his back in return.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey Ella, you look extremely vibrant. Your belly is the most adorable thing ever, do you know i carried small with Shawn." Karen said as she saw me into the living room and bringing her to her feet and up to me giving me a big hug. All I could do was smile and return the hug.