Twenty Nine

"Ella, you cant just leave school and run off to the cabin! Shawn has to chase after you?! What it going on." My dad yelled at me as I sat in the kitchen table with both my parents facing me. Dad was fuming and mom was more calmer and she was trying to calm my dad now.

Good job Ella now you have your parents arguing because you can't control your impulses anymore.

Speak.

"I'm sorry. I know that doesn't change anything, but I really am sorry. It's just everyone in school kept looking at me like I was a freak show or something and I felt so alone walking down the hall with everyone just staring. I hear what they are saying about me and I snapped. I think I might need to do more sessions with therapy honestly. I need help mom and dad." I spoke feeling so ashamed and I knew I was going to cry at any moment but I didn't.

You don't deserve to cry,

This is your fault so don't cry!

My parents looked at each other and then at me. They sat down on the chairs across me and my dad placed his hands on the table folding them together. My mom just sat down and looked at me.

Proud?

"Okay kiddo. I wish you would've said something or called us. But I get it trust me, I had those happen to me a handful of time in high school. But you can't let them win, don't let them define who you are. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, and you know the truth that went down. Everyone is going to say something different, but we know. This is your last year Ell's don't let all your hard work in the past 4 years be for nothing, please." My dad said as he reached over for my hand.

"Your right dad. I need help though right now to work through these unresolved emotions I have. I feel like everyone is out to get me and these impulsive things. I wanna go back to the old Ella." I said placing my hand with his and giving a squeeze.

"Well you can't go back to old you baby, just a new and improved you. Better then ever. We'll call and make you an appointment okay?" Mom said.

"Now, you and Shawn... we know, you know. You two using condoms right?" My dad said making me look at him wide eyed, moving my hand.

"What- how-.." I started saying before my mom cut me off with a laugh.

"Oh come on Ella, we're not dinosaurs." Dad said laughing too.

"Yes we're safe. I'm still taking my birth control as well." I said putting my head down feeling oddly embarrassed having this conversation with both my parents. This was something me and mom did. Dad was dad. But I was thankful my parents were just those type of parents who I could be honest and open with no judgment.

"Good. Now you might want to have a conversation with your sister? She's been pretty upset and hurt at you "ignoring her texts and calls". Mom said looking behind me. I turned around to see Trisha standing with her arms folded and she was upset.

Shit.

Your just fucking up all across the board huh

Mom and dad got up and left me and Trisha in the dinning room alone.

She looked over at me,

Fuming.

Tapping her feet aggressively.

I looked at her as I got up.

"Can we talk outside? I could use some air." I said looking at my agree best friend and sister.

She huffed and turned to walk to the backyard.

Once we got outside she stood by the door and she looked at me.