Thirteen.

A week later.

The week went by fast in my eyes.
Once Trisha got her things from her mothers apartment and settled into our room, it was like slumber parties all over again. Mom and dad ordered another bed to put into the room which meant that we were about to rearrange the bedroom so dad asked if we wanted to just paint it over and make it like new. Of course we agreed, so after school Monday we did that. Hope was a little on the salty end when she found out about the news but she knew this was a dream of Trisha's so I begged her not to spoil it with her jealous tendencies. Since it wasn't about Hope she put a fake smile on and listened to Trisha ramble. After school we went to Ikea to pick out new bedroom stuff, Hope came along with insisting that she help us give it a more Feng shui vibe. As we shopped she decided to spill the tea about her and Shawn that neither one of us asked for but we knew she needed to make something about herself or she would bust! We listened well I half listened honestly as I focused on the bedding. I had avoided Shawn in school for the most part of not making it to obvious, Hope became his tail. Tuesday we didn't have class thankfully so dad had Shawn and his dad come over to help with the furniture for the girls room as he kept saying it, so me and Shawn saw each other momentarily but I quickly dragged Trisha out with me to have a girl day with hope, against her will but I needed to get out of my own house. Hope loved the idea of course because she got to spoil us and since she did we listened to her babble about once again Shawn and how he was going to soon make it official and Trisha couldn't help but snort and hope chose to ignore her as I smiled in my most sympathetic way possible. I found myself texting Shawn that night asking how was it going with hope just to be nosy in a sense, my jealously was peaking through the cracks. He didn't respond to me until Tuesday morning before we got to school. Me and Trisha were in my car and my dinged making Trisha grab my phone.

Shawn: if you really want to know ask me in person.

Trisha's eyes became wide eyed and she started shrieking in the car making the other students who parked right next to us look over in confusion. I turned red and I tried to change the thoughts that she already manifested into her brain, but it was too late. I almost confessed what had happened but I decided against it and I lied. I told her that I was angry at him for something he said to me about Hope after their first date so I chew him a new one and since then had avoided him but because of all the things that Hope was telling us I finally broke to text him and make sure he was treating her right. After much hard convincing she seemed to buy it and I was just happy. I didn't ask him in person at all, I left it on read and we went to school. Jake did stop me at lunch that day and he asked me out as friends and I found myself saying yes. I didn't know why but I did at the same time. The girls were shocked but no one said anything, except for Trisha when we got home that night after dinner we had a deep conversation and through some white lies she understood that I may have still had deeper feelings for him that I didn't know I had or understood and I just wanted to give him one more chance but the reality was I needed to get my thoughts away from Shawn. Shawn and Hope. I was becoming riddled in jealously for something I had pushed to be.
Thursday we had a pop quiz and I'm sure I aced it but Shawn came over to ask me to tutor him during lunch because he was failing history. I told him I couldn't to ask someone else by the end of the day hope partially begged me to help him and that if I was a true best friend I would. In my mind I said if only you knew I'm trying to be a good best friend and keep myself away from him because us together in the room was never a good thing. But I finally gave in and told him, only at school in public at the Library or coffee shop on weekends, he smiled and nodded winking at me. Making my heart flutter, what I didn't want! Damn him and that face of his.

Friday was now here and I'm waiting for Shawn in the library,  im sitting at the small round table by the back corner of the library playing with my tassel off of my bag. He came walking towards the back and i saw his wild curled head bobbing from one aisle to another till he came towards the table, he seems disheveled a little bit. He saw me and he raised his eyebrow and a small smile came over his lips and i couldn't help myself from smiling with him too, he looked so simple in a red pullover hoodie and skinny black jeans. He just couldn't look bad in anything he ever wore and i hated that he always seemed to know he looked good but he didn't seem to be bothered.