Twelve.

My dad pulled into a small alleyway and kept going straight, as me and Trisha adjusted sat straight to give our complete focus to where he was going. My mom looked over at us and she began laughing as she turned her head back to my dad and she squeezed his hand that rested on her thigh, he smiled his famous smile and his cheek dimple indented so beautifully. I truly did adore my parents love for one another. As my dad turned out of the alley like way we were opened to a end space and then their was a small cabin like house. My dad pulled up into the parking spot and he looked over at me and Trisha as we held each other's hand up and just silent. "Out ladies, please." He stated looking at us.
We stood standing out the car and then my dad came and he walked toward us as he pulled his Nike pullover down some and adjusting his dark blue jeans. My dad was still fairly young at heart and he looked young so he always played to that in some of his style choices but he never made it to obvious. He was very hip as he would love to tell me.
"Okay my favorite ladies, and yes of course that means you Trisha." He said pointing at Trisha, she always felt like a burden but I swear she was the second kid my parents didn't physically had but you couldn't tell them any different. She smiled holding my hand tighter. She always wanted a dad so she loved how my dad treated her like his daughter and was always that father figure she needed and better.
"Ladies, I've decide that this is our family vacation home. We're three hours outside of town and that's amazing. Now there are four bedroom. Me and mom obviously, Ella you have you own room, we have a guest room , and .. Trisha you have your own room for whenever you need it. Now we have one something to say more." He said extending his hand for my mom to grab and walk into. She did and she was already halfway in tears. They turned toward us, and me and Trisha just held on to each other's arm tighter, I felt Trisha shaking. My parents grabbed her free hand and I knew she would break any moment, my dad spoke because my mom was already in tears of her own. "So Trisha, you know we love you like you were ours and to us you are. We've seen you grow up and everything you and your mom went through we saw first hand and we love your mom so much. But we know she's been having a hard time and she - we only wants what is best for you. So your mom and us spoke many many months in advance and kept it under wraps and she finally wanted us to tell you. With your mother's blessing already and now we ask yours , we would love to adopt you." With those words Trisha broke and I caught her in my arms and I knew she finally got what she prayed for. We both cried, happiness. My parents came in and hugged us both. "I take it as a yes." My dad said laughing, making us all laugh with tear filled eyes.

We ended up going to a diner near by to celebrate the great news, after everyone regained themselves. We ate in the mobile like diner off the dirt road, it was quaint and looked very retro. Me and Trisha stood in front of the small steps as we posed for a picture that my-our parents took. I posted it up #MobileLivingAtItsFinest. Once we got inside it looked very old classic but it felt some home like, we sat in the booth and then my phone rang, it was Jake. I declined the call and quickly texted him.

Me: hey, spending the day w/ the parents. Everything okay?

Jake: Hey sorry, yeah it's all good was just I guess ... missing you 😔 idk if it's okay for me to say that but it is the truth.

I hesitated a few times, typing and deleting and I just looked over at Trisha who side eyed my phone and then looked at me and she just shook her head no. I knew what she was saying but apart of me wanted to reply back I miss you too but it was more out of habit then it was feeling.

Me: that's sweet of you to say Jake, we can talk later, maybe.

I silenced my phone and put my focus back on my family. We were all just in conversation about everything and anything. Once my dad ordered the food and we waited he began the fatherly speech of rules, and sharing the room for right now since the old guest room was now my dads office space for work. Me and Trisha were just excited to be together finally as a family that she wish for and me too. My mom assured us that Trisha's mother was always welcomed and they would keep her up to date with everything as far as it came to Trisha.

The day was just a great day overall and I was happy for that, I appreciated all the great moments we had. My parents where my biggest idols and support in everything and I was over the moon that now Trisha would get that same type of love and assurance, she deserved it more then anyone I knew. As I just looked over at my family laughing and talking over each other I felt this warmth wash over me and I wanted to cry, it was more of a happy cry then anything. I realized I was in tears and smiling when Trisha held my arm and just hugged on tightly to me. My mom smiled with tear filled eyes as she grabbed on to my hand and squeezed it and so did my dad. I was happy. We were happy. This was happiness.

^*AN; this was just a filler to give you guys a more personal feel into Ella and Trisha life and such. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please comment and vote and save! I appreciate feedback always. Thank you so much and you guys are truly awesome ! ❤️