Nineteen

October.

It's been two weeks since mine and Evans first date.
We were now on date number five and Evan surprised me by taking me to one of my favorite places to go during the fall, Apple picking.

"Hey sleepy head, we're here." Evan whispered as he kissed my hair to wake me up.

I rubbed my eyes to wake myself up, i let out a yawn stretch and Evan laughed as he got out of the car and went into the trunk. I put my Pea coat jacket on as i got out of the car and headed to Evan, he was putting a grey pullover grey sweater on and i saw his taunt figure peak through as he raised his arms up bringing his white under shirt up. Just the sight of that made me weak and my mind went back to our first hot and heavy make out session and how my hands wandered up his shirt and just the feel of his abs made my insides stir crazy.

"See something ya like doll face?" Evan teased bring me out of my naughty thoughts.

I bit down on my lower lip and i smiled before shaking my head, suddenly feeling embarrassed. I found myself still very shy like when around him, he was much more experienced with relationships, in every way. I had only dated one person.

Once Evan put his sweater and jean jacket on, he grabbed my hand into his and kissed my knuckles before we headed towards the entrance of the field. I had told him this was one of my favorite places since i was a kid and my parents would bring me here and let me run around and just be free. This was also the first place my dad told my mom he loved her when they were teenagers, also where my mom told him she was pregnant with me. So it meant the world to me this place, plus i love apples and it just was an added bonus.

"Hey Ella, i knew i would see you sooner or later stop by." May the owner gushed once we passed the entrance arch way. She was the owner of the apple field and she knew my parents and practically saw me grow up in here, she was like my third grandmother.

"Hey Nona, how are you? You look amazing as always, let me know your skincare routine." I said as i went in to give her a tight hug. She always smelled like fresh apples and honey dew it was so weird but so appealing at the same time.

"Oh sweet child, im okay still going to the gym and working on staying with yoga classes that your mama signed me up for. Missed you the last few visits, but now i see why. Who is this handsome fella?" She said as she pulled me aside lightly and she went to Evan and she smiled looking at him closely.

"Hello Ma'am, Im Evan Vento. Im Ella's boyfriend." He said as he took his hand out to shake.

Did he just say boyfriend? Did i hear him right. We hadn't had that conversation yet, but the moment he said it, it felt right, with me. I looked at him and he same my smile and he winked at me as May went in for a hug instead.

"Oh, what a joy. Im so pleased. Ella's never brought any boy here, besides her little boyfriend when she was in middle school- what was his name... Shane. NO! Shawn." May said as she sat back down in her seat.

I hadn't thought to much about Shawn since our last encounter, we pretty much equally ignored one another. We had one small conversation during one of our parents dinners and it didn't end well when he questioned me about Evan and I. I almost gave into his touches before thankfully Hope called and snapped me back into reality. I wasn't going to go there with him again, we couldn't, not after Hope told me they had sex. It broke my heart and its what i needed to move on fully from whatever tension we had. Despite after hearing the news i cried for a whole hour in the bathroom and when he called me to try to explain i told him it was okay, and i hoped they used condoms before hanging up. He texted a few times here and there but i decided to block his number.