Two.

I woke up the next morning in my bed feeling sticky and hot as I opened my eyes I saw Jake his arm was around my waist and his other was across my chest. I needed to get up and catch my breath. We didn't usually cuddle when we dated so it was weird for it to had happened now. I don't even remember how I got to my bed.
"Jake, I need to use the bathroom. I need you to get up." I nudged him. No response. I really had to pee now.
"Get up!" I pushed him a little harder this time. He slept like a log and I hated it so much.
He groaned loudly and he moved his arm from chest before he turned to the other side of the bed. I got up and headed straight to the bathroom.

After I was doing, I headed to the living room to clean up last nights mess but to my surprise everything was already taken care of. I went to the kitchen to maybe see the cups and plate from last night and nothing was there. I stood in the middle of the kitchen confused.

"I picked everything up last night before I put you in the room. You were tired as fuck." Jake said walking into the kitchen rubbing his eyes and yawning. What the hell was he doing? What was his game!
"Thank you, I guess." I said giving up even trying to answer or ask those questions. I had such bad cramps and I was hungry. I started looking for my midol to take and then he came beside me and opened the cabinet draw and popping opening the cap as he handed it to me and he went to get me water.
"Why are you being so attentive Jake? This isn't your style." I asked popping the pill in my mouth and downing my water.
"I-I just wanted to be different this time. I know I messed up Ella but I really do care about you. About us." He said rubbing the back of his neck looking uneasy just saying what he was saying to me. I didn't believe it, I couldn't. He wasn't allowed to just get an easy pass for breaking up with me right before our anniversary. I know I said I didn't care but I mean come on two years and even though we weren't perfect I wanted what every girl wanted. Love. Maybe this time we could be different if I changed a little too. Became less of a hard ass, and a little more attentive to him.
"This doesn't mean we are back together or anything. But maybe we can work up to it, things have to change on both our ends Jake. Don't be an ass to me all the time and I will try not to be a bitch as much. I react based off how you treat me and vise versa." I said standing straight and folding my arms to show I was serious.
"Of course Ella bear. You're right." He said creeping over towards me slowly. He extended his arm for me to come in for a hug. I tried to conceal my smile and he knew it, he started to make the sad puppy eye dog face. I walked over into his arms my arms still folded. Once I got there he wrapped his arms around my body and he inhaled into my hair and we just swayed back and forth for a moment. He kissed my forehead for the second time and I began to find slowly give into the embrace.
"It's gonna be different this time El, I promise."
"I hope so Jake."
He smiled against my forehead and went in for a few more light kisses.

I wanted to believe him.

•{}{}•

2 hours later.

Jake had wanted to take me out to eat brunch as a way to show that he was trying to change I guess. I didn't argue with him about it like I usually would have. See we are making progress. We walked into the roller themed diner that I liked so much, the owners son Ryan saw me walk in behind Jake and he instantly grew a bright smile. "Hey Ella it's great seeing you."
Jake instantly grabbed my hand into his as he create a small barrier between myself and Ryan. I felt his grip tighten as he walked towards our usual spot, i tried to pull away but he wouldn't let me go. "Let go. You're hurting me." I said getting annoyed. What the hell is wrong with him? He let my hand go once we got to the booth. I slide inside the booth and rubbing my hand against my palm."Hes likes you, hes always following around you like a puppy." Jake said sliding into the booth right across from me. He took the big red menu and began to look over it. I didn't know why because every time we came here he would get the same thing. "One NO he doesn't, hes friendly to everyone. This is his dads shop he cant be a dick now can he? Two what the hell do you care anyway if he did or didn't like me?" I said in a smug like tone. He was about to say something Joan the dirty blonde haired waitress came. She always had a thing for Jake, so whenever he came in she was suddenly our waitress, no matter where we would sit. She popped her gum and chewed like a cow before talking. "Heya Jakey, how you holding up? Didn't see you last night at the party." Jake didn't seem to bother to look at her, he was intensely looking at me. I looked back at him and raised my eyebrow as in the say well are you going to answer her. He then licked his lips and he looked at her and he handed her to menu. "You know the usual Joan. Just had somethings to do. Maybe ill catch you at the next one." He winked at her and she smiled her gross lipstick stained teeth. She then looked down at me and she snorted and rolled her eyes walking away. I felt the heat rise through my entire body and the tears were beginning to well up in my eyes. I wiped my tears away and i began to slide out of the booth. "You're a true asshole. You know that right. Thank you." I turned around and headed to the front door, leaving.

I began to cry and realized i had came with him and now i didn't have a way home. I thought about maybe calling one of the girls but i decided against it. I chose to call for a uber instead. As i waited i started pacing back and forth to keep myself warm and i was beginning to get cramps. I really just wanted to be in my bed sleeping the day away. Instead i trusted this asshole to actually treat me like i was someone. Good job Ella, you always do this. The air blew making me shiver under my pullover sweater that was so thin. I hugged my hands over my chest, i checked my phone to see how far the uber was, 10 mins. I huffed in frustration. My stomach began to rumble loudly, god i was starving. I was thinking of going back in and just sitting alone at the front stalls. I noticed how Jake never bothered to even see if i had left or anything, he knew i came with him and had no ride. He didn't care. I was then brought out of my thoughts when i heard a honk. I looked over and it was a black jeep, i looked lowly at the tinted windows trying to figure who it might be. The window rolled down and I saw him. Shawn, my next door neighbor. He had been gone for like 3 years. He looked different but still the same in a way.

"Hey Ella, need a ride?"

"Shawn is that you? Wow. Um-No im okay im waiting for my uber. But thank you." I said trying to hold the fact that i was cold. He rolled the window back up and then he came out of the driver side. He looked so much taller then i last remembered. His hair was now in a curly wave like mess and i just wanted to touch it. He had a small hoop in his left ear and had a swallow on his right hand. Wow he really had changed alot. "Ella, its freezing and you look crazy standing out here. please get in the car, ill take you home i was heading that way anyway."He stood towering me abit. I couldn't help but just stare and how handsome he was, he looked almost wax like. He was right i did look crazy. But i was always stubborn and he knew that. "If your waiting for Jake to come out, he isnt coming he was too into whatever conversation he was having with Joan there." He said pointing his thumb behind him towards the diner. My eyes met his and the tears swelled again. He wasn't even trying to deny anything anymore now. I hated him so much. I wiped my tears and i smiled at Shawn. "Its okay, we arent even together anyways. But sure ill get in. Let me just cancel the ride. Thanks Shawn." I said before heading to his jeep and standing at the front door of the passenger side.