Nine.

Saturday morning.

I came to the gym early to burn off the calories I had consumed during my period binge. I was on the treadmill with practically running away from myself, my headphones was blaring to my workout playlist. I was in my own world, running away from everything and everyone at this point.

I woke up this morning in such a bad mood, I didn't even want to get out of bed. My phone had been vibrating off the hook and I knew it was Hope wanting to brag about Shawn calling her and I just didn't want to hear it or fake like it was news to me. The only person I did answer was Trisha we haven't really had any us time since the incident at franks. So she was the one who practically dragged me out of bed and into the gym to "blow off steam" as she put it.

"So, how are you feeling about this whole Hope and Shawn BS?" She said as we both slowed our running to a cool down walk. I sipped on my water trying to think Of what to say without saying the truth. This was the thing I hated not being able to be honest and having to really think of something believable not only for them but for me so my own subconscious won't taunt me to death. "I mean it's whatever. Hope really seems stoked so I don't want to rain on anyone's parade Trish." She shot a glare at me and she stopped walking, she placed her hand to my arm lightly. "Ella I was only upset because I know Better then anyone how you felt about Shawn even after he left. Yes, you guys where always friends it's because you are scared to ever admit yourself to anyone. Shawn has always had a thing for you even when we were freshmen. Hope only wants him because she knows he wants you, and she can't have that she isn't the center of attention. I love her dearly but she is always competing with you Ella and you never see it because you see the good in everyone." I stopped my walk and I just looked at the ground because she was telling the truth about it all with Shawn I didn't see the other things about hope and I doubt she would have been competing with me. I was nowhere near her radius, she had it all and she was popular and beautiful. But I knew Trisha always had my back and I couldn't be mad at her for that. "I love You Trisha, you know that. But please don't keep being mad I'm my honor I promise it's okay. Me and Shawn have always been just friends that's how it is." Her facial expression soften and she smiled in a reassuring way. "Let's go get some froyo,yeah?" Trisha said grabbing our water bottles and stepping off the treadmill, We started walking towards the locker room.

We got to the froyo two blocks away from the gym, and I felt so much better my mind clearer and I just appreciated having a calm environment being with Trisha. It felt good to just catch up with her and her life. Trisha was always so selective in allowing anyone in her private live but with me she was always an open book and I took that into deep appreciation. Trisha was like the most strongest person I ever knew coming from a single family household and having to watch her two siblings pass away and being the anchor for her mother. My parents loved Trisha she was literally like apart of the family, when her mom went to rehab for a few months my parents took her in and we literally had the time of our lives. We always had a stronger bond and sometimes I did think Hope was jealous of that.

As we sat down in the huge bean bag like chairs in the corner of the shop with our froyo bowls I received a text message from Jake.

Jake: Hey I know this is a long shot but maybe we could go see that new Kevin Hart movie? I remember you wanting to see it the last time we went to the movies. We can go as just friends, I'll sit two seats away if it makes you feel better.

I couldn't help but smile at the last sentence. See predictable. I really did want to go see the movie, I was a fan of Kevin Hart's work. But did I want to risk a possible ambush from him? Was it a ploy of his? I mean he had been kinda chill and the texting became minimal but when we did talk it was short and he was very intrigued now. I know I didn't want a possible rekindling but why couldn't we just be friends after all. I sent a quick text.

I'll let you know.

And then I closed my phone and went on to hang with Trisha.

Two hours later.

I came out the shower dressed in tights and wearing my bra, Trisha was laying on my bed in one of my dads old sweaters and biker shorts. She was listening to old maroon 5 singing along to their song lowly while on her phone scrolling through Instagram. She truly was like the sister i never had, i hated being an only child but i was happy i had Trisha, she was the next best thing. "Damn Ella, those tits are about to bust out. Put them away!" Trisha said turning to lay on her stomach and eyeing me as i paced back and forth from my walk in closet back into my room. "Shut up Trish, I cant help it asshole!"I shouted laughing while putting my red v neck shirt over my head and walking back into my room and jumping on the bed right next to her. We burst out into a laughing fit and this is what i enjoyed the most, just being with my best friend and being able to be free, myself. My mom came and asked if we were hungry before her and my dad went out for their regular dinner dates. Trisha asked her if she could make her famous tacos, and i chimed in agreement. She smiled and left the room singing along to the chorus of one of the songs. Trisha pulled out her phone and said lets take a usie, and once we did she posted it up. Within a few moments Hope called me, making me and Trisha look at one another and started laughing, i answered the face time.

"Hi Hope." We said at once, smiling and breaking out into laughter.

"So do i not matter to this group?" She huffed with furrow like eyebrows as she smacked her gloss covered lips. Instantly Trisha rolled her eyes and laughed, I quickly began to feel guilt stumble on to me for once today I was free of anything Hope related especially given that I knew she was gonna be talking everything Shawn related I just wanted to avoid it. Mainly my guilt ridden conscious, and the coated jealousy that I didn't want to acknowledge.
"No, we- I just figured you were busy. You know usually spend time with your dad on the weekends. Plus we went to the gym and I know your not into working out in public places." I quickly stated rubbing my nose to cover my silent guilt.
"Well, you bitches could've called me over after, but whatev's I guess I forgive y'all. Anyways! I can come over now and y'all can help me get ready for my date with Shawn." She quickly said getting all cheery and bopping her black hair. Trisha quickly moved out of the FaceTime and she went to my vanity and sat facing me, away from the view of my phone. Moving her hands in a no motion, begging me not to cave like I always did. I tried to look at Hope and not make it obvious that I was trying to see what Trisha was signing to me. "Actually H, We're about to head out to see the new Kevin Hart Movie soon. Sorry - but you can send me pictures of the outfit choices and stuff." I said smiling trying to soften the blow. Hope then changed her expression and she rolled her eyes because she wasn't a fan of Kevin Hart and I knew she knew I loved him but she wouldn't support coming with me to see him what so ever, Trisha she did and she grew to like him a little more. She grew upset it was visible but she tried to mask it with her fake smile and she said, "Fine Ella, have fun guys and what color is Shawn's favorite?" The mention of his name coming from his mouth made me shiver and I didn't know if Trisha noticed it but if she did she didn't mention it. "Blue." I said and just like a saving grace my dad came in and announced my mom wanted us. Me and hope hung up quickly and I was so grateful for my dads sudden walk in. Trisha and I laughed hugging me dad on each side and he looked confused and laughing.
"Teen girls are so weird".