Feel Better (Otohiko Meichi)

(please consider voting and commenting!)
prompt: when he's not feeling well
requested! thank u!

Otohiko walked sluggishly through the front gate of the school, one hand pressed firmly against his head. He groaned in frustration at the insane headache he had. He would've stayed him if he hasn't promised his girlfriend he would take her on a date after school. Damn..

Y/N stood by the front doors at Otohiko's locker, typing something into her phone, a focused expression on her face. She looked up, eyes meeting his. Her face brightened, smiling as she made her way to greet him.

Since Otohiko was usually sickly, it was no surprise to see him look so drained. But a hand to his head was new.

"You feeling okay?" Y/N kissed his cheek, checking his head. He shook his head slowly, a frown plastered across his face. "I'll take you to the infirmary, okay?"

Once Otohiko has changed his shoes, he was lead to the infirmary, where he usually spent most of his time anyway.

"He might be having migraines or something.. I'm not sure, but he said his head hurts a lot more than usual." Y/N told the nurse, who nodded and walked towards one of the cabinets for some sort of ibuprofen.

"Take these with some water," the nurse handed the tablets to Otohiko, filling a cup with tap water, "then rest."

"Thank you, sensei." He smiled weakly, swallowing the pills with a swig of water.

"You need to take it easy more often, Oto." Y/N sighed, combing her fingers through his soft hair. "One day you're gonna come to school with an open wound."

Otohiko kept silent, humming in response. The feeling of Y/N's fingers rubbing his scalp helped him slowly drift to sleep.

"Why'd you show up to school if your head hurt?" She whispered, sitting next to his bed.

"I promised to take you on a date after school, I didn't want to cancel." He mumbled, leaning his cheek into her hand.

"Baby, we can always reschedule. If you're in pain I'd rather you stayed home then go out." Y/N frowned.

"I know but.. I still didn't want to let you down."

"You could never let me down. I love you, I don't mind a reschedule." She smiled, kissing his forehead, brushing his bangs from his face.

"I love you, too." Otohiko smiled, holding her hand shyly.

"I've gotta go help someone with tutoring. Take a nap, 'kay?" Y/N stood up, squeezing his hand gently. Otohiko nodded, turning over to get comfortable.

-

By the time Otohiko woke up, it was lunchtime, and Y/N was right by his side, eating her bento.

"How do you feel?" She asked softly, swallowing her food.

"Much better." He sighed happily, sitting up, propping himself against the wall. He grabbed his bento from his bag, eating with her and sharing food.

No one knew it, but Otohiko was living in a dream. At least, it felt like it. An angel in his life? How could he not be dreaming?

oh boy i can't wait for osana lmao