Dinner (Budo Masuta)

(please consider voting and commenting!)
eek i liked this prompt so yesyes yes
lowkey inspired by Dirty Laundry (klance) [rip vld i miss u] but i tried making it as different from it as possible, the prompt is just the same as that fic. :) i love u budooooo u kiiiing

y/n has no s/o to bring to a family event (this case, wedding), so she asks budo to fake being her boyfriend since she promised her parents she'd be bringing someone special. throughout, the two's crushes on one another grow so big that.. well. :) spoilers:)

"Listen, I don't want to either, but you're my last option!" Y/N pleaded to the Martial Arts Master, who was currently practicing. He high kicked the punching bag, sweat rolling down his face.

"I'm bad at family reunions anyway! Last relationship I was in, I met his parents and then had a mental break down after dinner. No thank you." He said, disappointing the girl.

"But Budo, I promised I'd bring someone home! I already asked a bunch of people, but they're all busy! C'mon, for me?" She cried. "Pleeeeaaase?"

Budo blushed, lowering his foot. "No."

"Budo!!" She complained, shoulders sluggishly lowering. "My parent(s) are gonna hate me." Frowning, Y/N stared to the floor.

"Ugh, fine-"

"Thank you, thank you!" She yelled, hugging the boy tightly. He squirmed under her touch, unaware of how much he'd miss it once she let go. "I can- uh- we'll have to travel sorta far but- oh my god thank you Budo, it'll be over break, too! So don't worry, your teacher's pet ass won't miss any assignments!"

"Teacher's pet? Travel? Hold on." Budo questioned. "Where are we going?"

"My cousin's wedding...?"

"A wedding?!"

"You already agreed to it!!"

"A wedding? Y/N, I'm bad at dinner, you think I'll be able to handle a wedding?" Budo exclaimed, worry in his voice.

"Budo, c'mon, it's not like we're actually together! We just need to fake it until it's over!" Y/N pleaded, afraid he might reject the proposal.

"Whatever, call me later to tell me the details. Now get outta here." He waved her off, watching the smiling girl leave the room of the Martial Arts Club.

What is he getting himself into?

"Okay, you drive. I don't trust myself behind the wheel right now with all of this worry." Y/N said, pushing her last suitcase into the back seat of her car. Just barely fitting, Y/N shut the door abruptly, brushing her hands off. "Think you can do that? I know you're almost 19, after all. You have more experience than me."

"Whatever, just be good at giving directions. After a bit, you drive, though." He pointed to her, getting into the front seat. Snacks scattered across the front, Budo brushed them aside to the passenger seat.

"Huh? Hey! You're gonna make a mess!" Y/N complained, closing the bags of chips and placing them at her feet.

"I'm driving, my rules. First rule: I need coffee. So much." Budo said, pulling out of
Y/N's driveway. She had been living with her sibling, but they didn't have enough room in their car to fit her, them, someone else, and bags, so they left Y/N to get there on her own. No hard feelings, though.

"Whatever, smarty pants. Don't crash my car. My beautiful baby." She rubbed the dashboard lovingly, lunging forward at Budo's abrupt, intentional brake. "Fuck you."