Thunder (Budo Masuta)

(please consider voting and commenting!)

plot is basically y/n and budo hate one another a lot but it's raining super hard and y/n walks home, and she's a tad afraid of thunder/lightning so she stays in the light music club w her friends but budo being next door and all kinds takes a turn ig? yeah i really love budo but who doesn't

"Ah, see you tomorrow, Taro. Get home safe, pretty sure it's raining." Y/N packed her books into her backpack, waving to her friend, who waved back and left, walking home. "Seems like it's raining hard.." She mumbled.

"Y/N, do you have a moment?" Sensei called her up to the front of the class. A couple students lingered in 3-2, including the famous Budo Masuta, Y/N's.. rival? Sworn enemy? Small crush? Yeah.

"Do you need something, sensei?" She asked, tugging her bag over her shoulders.

"Ah, I was hoping you could help a student in a lower grade with work. Their grades are.. dropping significantly, and in order for them to go up a grade, I need them to work harder."

"Of course! I can start whenever you need me to." Y/N accepted the task, nodding.

"Thank you, Y/N-Chan. If you could start sometime next week, I can have the two of you set up a time to meet." She smiled, waving her off.

Meanwhile, Budo stalled in the class as long as he could, listening to the conversation. He saw Y/N turn around to leave, and quickly walked out the door, slowing down to keep at her pace.

"Teachers pet." He greeted her nonchalantly, his eyes ahead.

"Karate boy." She said bluntly, ignoring his remarks.

"Kiss ass."

"Bruce Lee impressionist."

"That's a compliment, idiot."

"Fuck you." She said, flushed. "Is it.. still raining?" She asked, glancing out the window of the passing rooms. "Shit.."

"What?" Budo asked, glancing down at her.

"Uh, nothing! It's nothing, really. I just.. walk home is all." She lied. Y/N knew admitting one of her biggest fears to this guy would earn him mocking her for the rest of her life.

"Alriiight. Sucks for you." He laughed at her offended gasp and her punch to his arm.

"Shut up!" She yelled, sticking her chin up.

"Don't get all tsundere on me!" Budo teased.

"I'm not a tsundere.."

"Ah, Miyuji, would you mind if I stayed in here until the rain clears up?" Y/N peeked her head through the door to the Light Music Club, seeing the members beginning to unpack for a performance.

"Of course! Don't worry, it'll probably clear up soon. Maybe our music can distract you from it all." Miyuji said sympathetically, aware of Y/N's fear.

"Thank you-,"

"Miyujiiii, what's uuuppp." Budo strolled in, high fiving his friend. "Oh. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here because I'm a good friend and I want to watch my friend perform. Why are you here?" Y/N argued, her nose scrunching up. "Last time I checked, you're a club leader."

"Yeah, cancelled practice. Two people are out sick and the someone had to go home early, so two people isn't really a good amount for a meeting." He plopped himself on the couch, next to Y/N, his legs spread in an attempt to take up as much room to bother the girl. She growled.