Magical Girl Pretty Miyuki (Haruto Yuto)

(please consider voting and commenting!)

kinda a subtle oneshot, it's not super x reader-ish

"So, have you watched episode 7 yet?" Sota asked his friend ecstatically.

"Yeah, I watched it last night." Haruto said, crossing his arms and slouching.

"And? Aaaaand?" Sota was on his toes, his fists close his face, stars in his eyes. He was just so excited!

"I saw that 'twist' coming from a mile away." Haruto admitted, laughing.

"What!!"

"Yeah, it wasn't that surprising. I just don't think we have the same taste in anime."

"You aren't WORTHY of Magical Girl Pretty Miyuki!" Sota said. His voice was loud enough to attract the attention of a girl with her headphones on, doing who knows on her phone.

"Oh, that's a pretty good show. I suggest it." She, Y/N, said, lifting one headphone up, pointing.

"Thank you! At least someone at this school has good taste." Sota said as the girl walked away, looking at his friend. Instead of Haruto complaining, he was watching the girl as she left, sighing. "Get a room, she's not eye candy."

"Shut up, thats not- whatever." Haruto grumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'll finish the show or whatever, but only 'cuz I'm invested now."

"Damn right you will." Sota said, smiling.

The next week, Haruto came to school with bags under his eyes. He binged the rest of the first season and watched the next throughout the weekend, unadmittedly enjoying it. The fact that his huge crush liked the show was an opportunity. He knew she wasn't a huge cutesy show kind of girl, and more into casual, action packed shows. Unexpectedly, MGPM had action. Like, a lot. It was all in season 2, which was by far Haruto's favorite.

"Haruto!!" Sota yelled, running to his redheaded friend. "How'd you like the shooooooh.. you get any sleep last night?"

"Yes, what's your problem, got a problem?" Haruto snapped. He sighed. "I finished the show over the weekend, and I just.. I dunno, couldn't sleep."

"Did you like it?" Sota asked, giddy.

"Kinda. It wasn't exactly my taste, but it wasn't awful." Haruto admitted, changing his shoes as he spoke.

"That's awesome! Who knows, maybe Y/N would like to talk about it." Sota wiggled his eyebrows, smirking as his friend blushed.

"Maybe.. but it's whatever. She probably doesn't know I exist." He grumbled, standing back up.

"Maybe she does- Hey L/N!" Sota yelled across the hall, catching the girl's attention.

"What the hell are you doing? Don't- no don't wave her over here- oh god." Haruto said quickly and quietly, embarrassed.

"Hey, what's up Sota, Yuto-Kun." She smiled, holding her bag strap.

"Haruto here finished MGPM last night. I know you like the show too, so since Haruto likes it, I thought you two might wanna.. I dunno.. talk about it!" Sota said. To Haruto's new knowledge, Sota and Y/N are very good friends. First name basis, like them.

"Oh, cool! Yuto, what'd you think of it?" She turned to him, making eye contact. That made Haruto's heart speed up.

"It was, uh, not exactly my thing. B-But it was still good..!.. I guess." He stammered, not knowing what to say.

"..Cool! I didn't like it too much starting it off either, but once I got to season 2, I knew I was in for a ride." Y/N laughed.

"Yeah, season 1 was awful. I saw everything coming from a mile away." Haruto admitted, scratching his chin.

"Yes! Me, too! No one believed me when I said I did. But I'm glad the writing got much better." She said enthusiastically.

"Aha, yeah. Sota didn't believe me, right Sot- eh? Where'd he go?" Haruto turned to where his friend was, but to his surprise, he wasn't there.

"Ah, I'm not too sure. Would you like to go to the courtyard with me, Yuto?" Y/N offered, pointing to the door.

"Oh, yeah, sure." He said in an unintentionally sarcastic voice. "Sorry- I didn't mean for that to sound sarcastic."

"Don't worry, Yuto-Kun." She said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

The two walked to the courtyard, continuing to talk about MGPM. Shockingly, Haruto found himself talking more, talking about his favorite parts, his favorite character, his expectations for season 3, etc. He was glad that he and Y/N finally began talking, and he could sense a good future with her, romantic or not.

this isn't at all how i wanted this to be written :/ yikes