38 • the song

{ryan's pov}

{ryan's pov}

<time skip a few months>
i was reaching the end of my songbook. i opened to one of the last few pages to write some thoughts down, but there weren't any blank pages.

i could've swore that there was on page left. instead of a blank page, i met some writing that wasn't mine, but it was brendon's.

i read some of it, he wrote a song. for me! how long has this been in here? i smiled at the thought of the boy until he joined me in my bed.

"hey babe, whatcha doing?" brendon said as he sat next to me.

i smiled and replied, "so would you like to tell me about the little song you wrote back here who knows how long ago?" he smiled back and pecked my cheek.

"oh, you found it! so remember that time you spent the night and left your book at my house?" i slowly nodded my head as he continued on. "i read through some of the content and wrote that in the back."

"is that why you figured out riffs effortlessly for the songs as soon as i introduced them to you?" i asked, kinda surprised he went through my stuff after barely knowing me at the time.

"yeah."

i looked over at him. "come here babe" brendon came closer to me as we laid down. i wrapped my arms around the smaller boy and nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. "you smell nice as always" i mumbled beside his ear.

brendon blushes a little and smiled. "you do too babe." the two of us were enjoying each other's silence for awhile. "you know i wrote that song the day i first met you? there was something about you... that just made me question my sexuality that day."

"really?" i asked. brendon nodded.

"really. i just found you so cute and adorable and i was like 'i can't be straight'" he explained. i was actually shocked about how fast he caught feelings as well.

"i caught feelings the same day, and i'm glad i did end up with your beautiful face." i kissed his cheek as he smiled and blushed.

the two of us stayed silent for awhile, enjoying each other's company. brendon broke the silence between us.

"are you hungry by chance babe?" he asked, "it's almost 1 and you've haven't eaten anything since..." his voice trailed into the small atmosphere of my room.

he was right. i haven't eaten since last night. i should probably eat something.

"sure," i started. "do you want to go out to lunch b?"

he sat up and kissed my forehead.

"i'd love to ry."

"and while we're out," i got out of the bed as well. "can we get a new songbook for me?"

"of course babe, you'll need someplace to write your lingering thoughts." brendon kissed me one more time before we got ready.

~

{484 words}

sorry i'm posting this two dates late!! i've been hella busy