10 • if i can think of something clever

{ryan's pov}

{ryan's pov}

brendon has been very supportive and accepting ever since i came out to him as gay. what he probably doesn't know, is that i am starting to fall in love with him by the second. i just don't know if he's gay and if he likes me romantically. god, i'm a hopeless romantic at this point.

ever since kenny has followed me here, it makes me want to die even more. i walk into the locker room to change for gym, i try to change as quickly as humanly possible. that plan fails when i hear a familiar voice that gives me chills down my spine. "hey ry guy!" is what it says.

the locker room that was once hot, gross, and sweaty is suddenly cold; it's like a ghost presence. the familiar voice belongs to kenny. "um hello?" i squeak out from the remaining air left in my lungs. after i return the greeting, he starts trying to flirt with me. i really don't have the time for this bullshit. an idea pops in my head to save me from this — faking an injury; it'll get me out of gym for awhile maybe. 

as we have to run laps across the track, i pretend to trip, causing me to fall. luckily, my gym teacher is pretty chill and gets me out of gym for the rest of the week, and next week as well. it's wednesday. i will gladly take 7 days off of seeing kenny, an annoying man hoe.

lunch time finally rolls around and i gladly meet brendon at the lunch table. i tell him about how i got out of gym for 7 days, which he applauds me for. suddenly, i feel the presence of someone sit right next to me.

kenny harris.

now i'm going to have to find a way to get out of lunch. my thoughts get interrupted by kenny's annoying voice rambling on about something that is irrelevant to me right now. brendon and i exchange glances, which speak the annoyance of kenny. i feel my phone buzz out of the blue. it was brendon.

brendon: make up an excuse to leave the table and i'll do the same. meet you in the bathroom in 3.

i sneakily type back to brendon's text without kenny noticing.

ryan: i'll say i have to use the restroom. pretend you forgot about a detention.

i excuse myself from the table with the bathroom lie. i head to the restroom and wait for brendon. a couple minutes later, brendon skips into the room and grins, "hey ry"
as if we weren't trying to meet in here.

~

{440 words}

guess who finally (somewhat) got out of a writers block!!