6 • guitar riffs + vinyl

this is part 2 of the previous chapter, it picks up where i left off in chapter 5 ♡

{ryan's pov}

by the time brendon and i are done practicing our song, it's still raining. i'd honestly rather stay here than walk in the rain again. the two of us head up to brendon's room. "what do you want me to do about my rain-soaked clothes?" i ask. brendon is pretty chill about it. "no worries, i can put them in the washer" he replies picking them up and putting them in a random basket "i'll be back, you can look around in my room and familiarize yourself"

i don't want to be weird and look through his drawers but i look around at the stuff that is placed neatly on his shelf and open areas. he has a lot of vinyl i notice. a certain vinyl catches my eye though. take this to your grave, a fall out boy album. it's one of my all time favorite albums.

"do you like fall out boy too?" i jumped as brendon came out of nowhere. i nodded my head holding the vinyl. he takes the vinyl from my gentle grip and places it on the record player. the sound quality from the record player is so great, it's almost majestic. the feeling of drowsiness starts to kick in as i yawn, and brendon notices. of course. "if you're tired you can lay down, if you'd like to" he mentions. "this week was so tiring, thanks" i said as i slid under the cozy sheets. the sheets consisted of an indescribable aroma, i loved it. i'd love to be drowned in this scent.

i jumped slightly as brendon slid into the covers beside me. "it's cute when you're startled" brendon blurted as his face flushed a ruby red. some heat in my cheeks rose from his comment, as i laughed it off.

<time skip>

i woke up in a room that i didn't recognize immediately. as i tried to get up, an pair of arms were wrapped around me, tight enough to hold me down. i liked it though. i flip to my other side and realize that pair of arms belonged to brendon. i feel my face heat up and i smile as the shorter boy's eyes flutter open.

"good morning ry" brendon whispers softly with a smile. i reply "hi", as my cheeks are still flushed with a rosy pink. "what are we doing?" he asks out of the blue. "i have no clue... i woke up to your arms wrapped around me. i'm sorry if this is uncom-" brendon interrupts, lifting my anxiety away. "it's okay ryan... i like it" his cheeks heat up just like mine as he flashes a grin. we stay in this position for awhile. i gaze into his chocolate eyes, i could get lost in them.

"brendon?" i snapped brendon out of his daze... oops. "ryan?" the way he replies is so cute. "i think i'll have to leave before my mom worries" brendon pouts, i really don't want to leave him. "maybe we can hang out later" i said as i got up and gathered my guitar. he leads me to the front door. "see ya later alligator" brendon waves as i walk out the door.

as i step through my front door, i realized i was still in brendon's clothes... and that i left my songbook there. a note on the fridge catches my eye, which says:

ryan,
i figure you're still at brendon's. i'm at work, call me when you get home
mom

~

{580 words}