14 • un-closeted

{brendon's pov}

{brendon's pov}

walking out of music class, i told ryan i'd meet him at the lunch table cause i had a question for miss jackson. "miss jackson? me, ryan and my friend spencer are starting a band and we need a bassist. do you happen to know someone who would fit our style of music?" i asked.

"there's a senior that's a very talented bassist. jonathan walker is his name, i can let him know about the open spot." she explains. i nod and smile, thanking her.

as i walk into the cafeteria and i notice ryan looks on verge of breaking down. i sit down and ask "hey, are you okay ry?" he shook his head. "do you wanna get out of here?" he nods to that.

we take our normal hallway exit and go out into the parking lot. "wanna go for a walk?" i ask. he nods. we get in my car and drive to a nearby park. i park and ryan and i get out. we're silent for a minute or two until i decide to break the silence. "so what's going on? is kenny still being a dick to you?"

"kenny's in my math class now" the boy bursts into tears. shit. now my ryan — i mean just ryan — is getting tormented by that fucker in one more class.

"can you switch classes?" i suggest. he shrugs.

"hopefully i can switch to a different class period or something. i hate that little shit."

ryan and i eventually find our way to a park bench in front of a water fountain. i put my arm around him. we sit in silence for a couple minutes, with the water fountain splashes in the background. i break the silence again. "whatever you do in your situation, please don't kiss kenny."

"well brendon, that's just about all i can do to keep my secret safe! do you want me to get my secret exposed?! well... you don't know how it feels! you live a perfect life where everyone loves you! you're so talented and gifted that you don't even have to struggle about being gay because you're straight!" ryan rants. that was not how that was supposed to go. he starts to get up and walk off, but i pull him back onto the bench. "what do you even have to say to me now? you don't have a clue what i'm going through—"

i cut off his soon to be the second part of his rant. "but ryan. i'm gay. gay for you."

~

{422 words}

chapter 15 will be the part two of this chapter. hopefully you enjoyed this chapter.