⚪16⚫

I wait for Jinyoung outside of the infirmary without his knowing. The clock shows that it's already 6PM. I actually have to go to my part time work at the cafe but Sungwoon told me to take a day off for no reason.

"Why you're still here?" Jinyoung who walks out from the door, startled me.

"Just... I'm not working today so I could spend more time here.." I reply.

He walks passed me coldly while holding his wounded hand. He seems like he got a problem in his mind but he doesn't want to share about it. I follow him from behind silently until he stopped.

"Stop following me.. Please. I'm not in mood to play with you." He suddenly yells. I back off a bit from him as he further his walks.

Wasn't him the one who always plays with me? And now he is mad at me?

I walk back home alone by myself. I look at the couples in front of the gifts shop enviously. I really hope that Jihoon and I could do the same thing but there is a barrier between us to do those things.

At the same time, Jihoon suddenly called. I take a few pauses before answering his call, "Yes.. Jihoonnie.."

"Have you arrived home?" He asks.

"Ah.. I'm still on my way home. Why you're calling..."

"Jihoon-ah! A few girls come to meet you. They bring a few gifts too!..." I heard through the phone with bitter feelings.

"I called because I missed you. Mianhae we didn't meet during the recess.."

Before he finishes his words, I hang up the call. The scene of him being happy with other girls linger in my mind as he mentioned about the recess time. I turn off my phone to not make it obvious that I'm neglecting his call.

I finally arrived at my house with tiredness all over my body. I didn't do much today but I feel so tired. I'm being welcomed with a sudden hug from my father. "You're back, my daughter!" He welcomes me excitedly.

When he tries to break the hug, I hug him more tightly. ".. Minha, I have to wash the dishes now..." He stops as he saw me keep on flinching as I sob on his chest.

"What's wrong? Did someone hurt you?" He asks worriedly.

I shake my head a few times until he soothes me with his calm hand caressing my hair. "Appa.. Can we have a drink together? I'm legal already, right?" I suggested.

He seems to hesitate at first but he takes me to the dining table, serving two bottles of soju with the shots. I take a seat while shedding my tears. My father pours me a full glass of soju as I drink it in one shot.

"You must be in stress time lately. I'm fine if you have a hard time to tell me but don't hurt yourself." He advises me while drinking his shot a sip.

"Appa... Did you have regret when you fall in love with mom before?" I ask him out of blue.

He looks shocked from the question but he gives me a small smile instead of  being angry at me. "You must have a fight with your boyfriend, right? It's normal.. Not everything in this life is beautiful and have a smooth ending. Like me, even though your mom left me with a heartbreak but I didn't regret anything. I think that at the end, maybe we will not work the best as partners. That's why God makes us to separate now before too late."

"Thank you.. I better decide the continuation of my relationship wisely." I smile at him before giving him another hug.

I wipe my tears. "Aigoo.. why must I cry when you're so happy when I'm back home just now. Appa~ What's for dinner?" I ask him in a cheerful tone.

"I'm going to bring you to my company's dinner. They want us to bring family members in the dinner. Let's get ready." He pushes me to my room all of sudden.

Sometimes, a father has the sweetest heart that we never know.

=

I left my phone at home to not let my emotion mixes with the happiness that I want to share with my father. I excitedly look at the building where my father is working at. Although C9 looks like a normal building from outside, but the interior looks so nice.

"Mr Lee, come in. Is this your daughter? She really looks beautiful." A smart-looked man with a tuxedo welcomes my father with a handshake. I bow to him followed by a smile.

I enter the dining hall together with my father. There are a few people already and they all dressed formally. I'm afraid that my knee-length dress doesn't follow their formality. I follow my father to the table we should sit on.

"Your daughter is lovely, Mr Lee." The woman who sits next to me praises.

I take a glance at her family. She has one son who looks like older than me. He somehow looks weird as he keeps on smirking when he gazes into my eyes. I excuse myself to the washroom before the dinner starts.

I search for the washroom around the building but I'm not sure which way should I go to. I stopped when I saw Jinyoung coming out of a room on my right. His eyes still showing that he is still cold. He just walks passed me without even asking why I'm here.

Is he alright?

T B C