⚪3⚫

I go back home when my shift finished. "I'm home.." I greet anyone in the house but the house is dark as always. I saw a yellow post-it note on the dining table.

Minha, I'm sorry but I have an emergency meeting. I might be late. Don't wait for me. Sleep well, my daughter. Love from Appa.

I crumple the paper and throw it into the dustbin. My stomach grumbles due to hunger because I overworked today. My dad doesn't cook me any food like how he used to do. I search for something edible in the fridge. Only a cold fried chicken is left.

I take it out without even have feelings to reheat it up. I bring the box to the coffee table in the living room, eating it while watching television. I choke when I saw Bae Jinyoung's face in one of the TV show. I quickly change the channel to where I possibly can avoid from him. Sadly, all the channels have his appearance - ads, TV shows and even news.

I switch off the TV in anger, putting back the chicken into the fridge. I have no appetite thanks to him. I lie down on my bed playing my phone to ease my mind. Suddenly, someone calls me out of blue. The person who leaves me and my dad because of her private matter.

I answer her call with silence. ".. Minha, are you there?" She asks me with her motherly voice.

"Yes.." I replied shortly.

"Ah, thank goodness. How are you? Are you doing well? How about your dad?"

"Eomma.. If you're worried about me and dad, why you decide to leave us? Why you signed the divorce paper?" I try to hide my anger towards her that I keep in my heart since the first day she left this house.

"... Minha, I'm not doing that on purpose. I just tired with your dad. He doesn't love me like how he used to be."

"Then why don't you take me with you? You know I will be lonely when I'm with him, right? Don't you know I missed you so much?! Everyone keep on bragging about their mothers' cooking.. I just stay silent when they talked about mother." I cried.

"Minha.. Mianhae. I mean.. I want to bring you with me but you might hate me more if you live with me now."

I hang the call before throwing my phone on the ground. I don't care if the phone breaks or not. I cover myself with the blanket, sobbing in silence. Can't I get a happy family like how others have?

The next morning arrived. I wake up from my bed lazily with the alarm clock in my phone keeps on ringing. That phone still alive tho. I get off from my bed, shutting off the alarm.

I go to get a shower before heading to the kitchen to grab breakfast. A weird smell drives me to check on what's happening in the kitchen. There stands my dad cooking something in the kitchen but more like burning the food.

"Appa.. What are you.." I turn off the electric stove when I saw the tteokbokki already charcoal black in color.

"I just want to make you a special breakfast other than rice with fried egg. You must have feel bloated eating the same breakfast everyday." He rubs his nape, ashamed.

I smiled, taking the pan putting the tteok into a bowl. "Appa.. Whatever that you cook will always be my favourite. I feel grateful that you always be here for me. I won't mind to even eat this burnt tteokbukki."

".. Minha .. Did you missed your mom?" He asks all of sudden.

I just shake my head, showing him the bitter smile. "Why would I miss someone who left me? Appa.. The tteokbukki doesn't taste that bad. How about you try it too?" I change the topic to make myself better.

"Jinjja?" He easily trusts my words and shoves the food into his mouth where then his excited face changes to disgusted face. I chuckled before hugging him, "Appa.. I think I should go now. Love you.."

🏫

I finally arrived in front of my school gate but the crowds of students affect my mood already. I see some of them are holding 'Bae Jinyoung' slogans and pictures. Is that boy finally comes to school?

I try to walk through the crowds but they are blocking the way too much. They push me to the ground inhumanly. Great, now I hurt my knee thanks to them.

"Yah.." I heard someone near is calling me. I take a look at the person who is lending his hand to help me. The problematic Jihoon is here.

 The problematic Jihoon is here

"Gumawo sunbae.." I thank him while dusting off my uniform.

"Look at what your favourite classmate did to other students. Even normal students can't get to  their classrooms to study early like they used to." He points at the corner of the crowds where a few nerds are struggling to get through the crowds.

"This is why I hate him the most." I answer shortly before trying for the second time but Jihoon stops me.

He pulls me closer when the crowds suddenly become wild. "He arrived." I heard his mumbling. I take a look at the group of girls that start screaming like crazy. The crowds follow Bae Jinyoung walking into the school's building, leaving the uninterested students behind.

I look at my hand which is still in Jihoon's hand. "Sunbae.. My hand.." I tell him slowly.

He realizes and shoves my hand away. His face grows redder than before. This is the first time I saw him become shy like this. I chuckle before walking inside alone. He grabs my hand stops my pace.

"You're bleeding.."

T B C