X-perience Writing

Okay so I just wanted to talk about my experience writing Getting Away.

I started this book in January 2019 during my morning workout at the gym. I remember stopping what I was doing to sit down and start writing ideas. YES. IN BETWEEN MY WORKOUT.

So when I got home I got to work a few hours later. I planned and drafted the ideas and concept of the book.

I posted about eleven chapters at once. I had a cover but it wasn't that great. So I texted a couple of my friends to check my book out but out of like fifteen people.. ONLY TWO came through. My best friend Veronica and my cousin Noel. These two were my first dedicated readers.

So I had a couple of followers. NO, scratch that I had three followers. Anyways I took a screen shot of my Wattpad page with my book and name on it and shared it on instagram. I also posted about the book on Facebook.

A lot of people saw it. But a few liked and interacted with the two posts. I got my first few readers from there. Soon enough I'd get a few readers every week.

I didn't obsess over the number of reads or votes I got. I have a life. Well I spend most of my time in the gym anyways. That really helped because I was really focused on finishing my book.

I've been getting more and more readers everyday and it's really amazing. You guys are my number one motivation now. Because the number of reads don't matter. What matters is the number of readers you get, because you then truly know that your book is great and it strikes a good chord within people who come across it.

I'm really thankful for all the support I'm getting. My book isn't really that popular or viral yet but this is definitely a GREAT start :)

I just turned EIGHTEEN today by the way. Sorry if I speak like a grandma sometimes. I'm just trying to sound PROFESSIONAL.