"If you are interested, we would love to have you here with us," he stated as we came down and stopped in front of the doors." "I don't know what to say. I'm shocked, er, I mean surprised. You don't need more time to think about it, or even discuss it with your father first?" "I believe you are exactly what we are looking for and I intend on giving my father my honest opinion. I will have the driver take you back to the motel to gather your belongings and get you checked out. You can move in here this afternoon. That way you are settled in before you go on your tour of the school grounds Thursday morning."

Though I was slightly suspicious, he continued on without notice, "Have you already ordered your school supplies and attire?" "Um, no, not yet." "Very well. I will take care of it first thing tomorrow morning. You can give me your list then." Overwhelmed with gratitude, I thanked him appreciatively before heading out to the car. I was excited, everything seemed to be turning for the better. (Nicolae seems to be genuine. I guess I will just play it by ear.)

-Nicolae's POV-

-Nicolae's POV-

As soon as I closed the doors after seeing her off, my phone rang. Pulling it out of my pocket, I answered, "Yes, Viktor?" "Well?... How did it go?" "It went extremely well. She will be perfect for what Lorie needs." "She better be. I do not want to receive another call about another girl being run off. This one better be strong minded, not weak like the others." "Yes, Sir. I believe she is. There is something special about her. You will not be disappointed."

"Good. I expect you to see to it that I am not. Oh, and by the way. Make sure your brother stays in line and behaves himself. The girl is there to take care of my Lorie. She is not there to satisfy his bloodlust or his lust of the flesh. Do I make myself clear?" "Yes, Viktor, of course. I agree and will keep everything under control this time." "As it should be. I do not have time to put the business on hold to come home and take matters into my own hands over such petty little things. If she finds out about us in any way, compel her memories and keep her around instead of letting her go."

"Understood." Hearing a click and then dead silence told me Viktor ended the call. I proceeded to call Peter, who was in town with Drogo and Lorie, buying her new dresses to wear to school. "Yes, Nicolae? Did you finally hire someone?" "Yes, the young lady I interviewed today will be staying with us." I could hear Drogo in the background complaining about not having been allowed to go to the bar to play pool while Peter and Lorie did their shopping. "The three of you can come home any time. Miss Canteles will be back later this afternoon or evening." Lorie then squealed in delight, which made me smile. I had hoped for Lydia's sake, it would all work out.

 I had hoped for Lydia's sake, it would all work out