Chapter 35

-Peter's POV-

It was the day before the wedding. I was sitting in one of the armchairs in the study while Nicolae sat behind the desk. My brothers' and my tuxedos were finished and delivered that morning. Nicolae and I had been talking about how well the preparations for the upcoming ceremony in the garden were coming along. Suddenly changing the subject, Nicolae wore a concerned look on his face as he asked, "Peter, are you certain you want to take Lydia to Greece?" "Yes, I am sure. I want her to see a part of her family history." "But what if Viktor was to find out you are in Europe, and with Lydia alive and well? It will be dangerous for both of you." "I know, but we will try to be as discreet as possible. I will make sure she is safe." "All right then. I will stay in touch with our allies, who will continue to monitor Viktor's movements. For now, he has returned to London to solidify a few more business deals with the British." I nodded in understanding, having received the updated news of his whereabouts.

Later that night, Lydia stayed in her own room. Though she and I had been sharing my bed each night since our engagement, we had not lain with one another since the morning after I proposed to her in the forest. With it being the night before the wedding, we decided it was best to follow tradition and sleep in separate rooms. Standing at her door, I gave her a kiss on the cheek before saying good night and walking back to my room down the hall. I smiled to myself as I closed my bedroom door, knowing that that time the following day Lydia and I would be overseas. I had something special planned and had already called the hotel ahead of time to have our room prepared for the occasion. I wanted everything to be perfect for my bride, my sweet angel.

	The next day, all our family and friends were seated on decorated benches placed out in the garden

The next day, all our family and friends were seated on decorated benches placed out in the garden. My brothers and I stood in our designated positions under an arch, adorned with vines, flowers, and cream colored linen that hung across and draped down the sides. Looking out into the crowd, I knew there was going to be one individual who would not be present. We had sent Conrad a verbal invitation, but he respectfully declined. Although, we knew it was a risk he could not take, being both second in command of the Bartholy Coven and Viktor's right hand man in the business in Europe; similar to Nicolae handling the business in America. Conrad had given us his congratulations and promised to do whatever he could to keep our actions a secret from Viktor. At first, I was concerned about letting Conrad know to begin with, but Lydia insisted. It was only after speaking with him when I realized he was an ally we could trust after all.

Bringing my thoughts back to the present, the music began to play as Lorie walked down the aisle with a small basket in hand full of the cream rose petals. She grabbed handfuls and tossed them down on the grass between the rows of benches. When she reached the end she sat down next to Victoria in the front row close to where my brothers and I stood. Next in line was Sarah, who wore the emerald dress she and Lydia picked out for her. I turned my head slightly and was amused to see that Drogo was grinning as he watched Sarah coming down the aisle. With flowers in her hair and a small bouquet she held in front of her, she continued on and came to stand on the opposite side of us under the arch. Sarah then grinned at us and nodded her head in greeting before turning to face the audience in wait for the bridal walk.