Chapter 38

So there we were; Marco and Sebastian, Cassandra and Sarah, the Bartholys and myself, all sitting together in a vacant cabin between Marco's and Cassandra's properties. The land was purchased for the sole purpose of our new alliance and species cooperation. It was a new beginning, a hope for having peace among us supernaturals, who lived in the general area of Mystery Spell. Seeing each of us there together in harmony gave me motivation and confidence. It was truly inspiring to witness and be a part of it. We sat at a table set in the open area between the kitchen and living room. The table was round, a perfect circle, and made of oak. Each of the wooden chairs we sat in were also made of oak wood. Nicolae started speaking first, thanking everyone for coming that night. I lifted up the glass in front of me and took a sip of my water as I listened to what he had to say.

"Again, thank you all for responding to our summons without question and coming here this evening. It is with deep regret that we are having to meet under such circumstances, but my brothers and I appreciate that we can all join and work together against our common enemies. That we could unite in a common cause to preserve our way of life. I know that we are all aware just how dire the situation is, so let's discuss a strategy we can all agree on." "As much as the pack and I are eager for the opportunity to eliminate Templars, given the chance, Sebastian has mentioned to me that you were also wanting something important that they may have in their possession. What is it that you are wanting to find?" Marco asked. Nicolae opened the book he brought with him to the page where it showed the image of the dagger in question and passed the book around. He then explained to everyone, on my behalf, about the dream I had with the Templar descendants stabbing Peter and I in the heart with the daggers as we laid upon altars. 

Silence fell upon the room for a brief moment as everyone contemplated the words Nicolae spoke. "It's a sign, and such a blessing it was to receive it when you did too! The sirens within you, Lydia, are giving us a warning," Sarah exclaimed. "We believe so, yes. There is nothing else it could be other than that itself. I have concluded that the recent activity of the Templars, along with knowing what they want to use this weapon for, means they will be planning to hunt all of us very soon. We must make a preemptive strike, and soon, if we are going to have any chance of succeeding in preventing them from wiping us out of existence. In the process, we will be able to have, within our grasp, a weapon powerful enough to destroy Viktor and his tyranny against all who have suffered in his wake." "What is so special about this odd looking blade?" Marco asked with a skeptical tone in his voice.

Cassandra nodded and spoke up to answer him as she gently placed her fingers upon the pages of the book

Cassandra nodded and spoke up to answer him as she gently placed her fingers upon the pages of the book. "This is an ancient weapon. The obsidian ceremonial dagger it is called. The story of its existence has been passed down through each generation of our family. It is said that the very first of our kind had forged it for the protection against Original vampires, who in that time centuries ago, were slaughtering all species they came across. They did not even care to hide what they were from the human race, like they do in today's time. No, they reveled in the power of fear they possessed over mankind. These carvings you see here... They are magic runes that allow the blade to be imbued with magic." Everyone studied the carvings that she pointed out before she continued. "With the blade and handle being made of obsidian stone, along with the magic runes, it became a blade strong enough to withstand anything. It cannot be broken or melted down. Nicolae is correct that it is the only weapon that can kill Viktor Bartholy and any of his kind."