Chapter 29

-Peter's POV-

My body shot upright into a sitting position in bed the second an image entered my mind. I gasped in shock at what I had just seen and heard. There was no doubt in my mind that the voice calling my name was Lydia's. I noticed by the landscape images in the vision that she had to be somewhere in Scotland. It worried me greatly if she was taken there because of how close it was to where Viktor's last known location was, being on business in England. Jumping out of bed, I rushed downstairs to find Nicolae in his study. When I approached he lifted his head and gave me a concerned look on his face. "What seems to be on your mind, Peter? You look like you have just seen a ghost, pardon the expression." Just before I had the chance to speak, Nicolae's cell phone rang. He lifted his index finger up at me to have me hold on for a moment while he took the call. I could hear the conversation he started with the person on the other line.

"Hello, Jones. What can I do for you?" Nicolae greeted him. "Nicolae, you asked me if I would call you whenever I had a lead on Lydia's whereabouts." "Yes, of course. What news do you have?" Nicolae asked as he looked in my direction to see my reaction. "I was asleep and then heard a voice and saw something in a dream, or what seemed like a dream. I believe it was a vision sent to me by Lydia," Sebastian answered. I nodded my head in agreement. "You may be correct about that. It seems Peter had the same vision only just minutes ago." "Then what we saw must be true. Lydia is trying to reach out to us. If I may, I will be over soon and we can discuss a strategy," Sebastian concluded. "Very well then. We will be waiting for your arrival." Nicolae hung up the phone and placed it down on the desk before looking up at me again. "Peter, you have a grave look in your eyes. I will not ask you for every detail of what you saw until you are ready to reveal it." "Thank you, brother," I said, trying to remain calm.

Fifteen minutes later, we heard the sound of a motorcycle coming to a stop in our driveway. Nicolae invited Sebastian inside and to come sit in the living room where we could talk. Drogo had finished putting Lorie to bed and came down to sit in on the conversation with the rest of us. Both Sebastian and I claimed we heard our name and saw flashes of an unknown cave outside of the country. We collaborated with the different key points each of us had and came to the conclusion that Lydia was being held in a remote cavern somewhere in the Highlands of Scotland. How Jacob managed to take her there without raising suspicion of her abduction, we did not know. What we did know was that they were not alone. There were almost a dozen men, maybe more, who seemed to be higher level shifters keeping her imprisoned. I dreaded the thought of her being surrounded and powerless, knowing that if she was able to overcome them, she would have found a way to contact us sooner. They had to have been able to subdue her mind to where she couldn't manipulate them in order to escape on her own.

"Look, I know the three of you are a powerful unit when fighting together, but forgive me if I am wrong. It would be near impossible to take on that many men with shifting abilities by yourselves, right?" Sebastian suggested. "No, you are correct, Sebastian. It would be too risky for us and for Lydia," Nicolae agreed. I spoke with urgency, saying, "Her safety is priority. We have to get her out of there no matter what." "Of course we must, which is why I propose I ask for the help of my pack. We do not know exactly how many of those men we will be dealing with, so I will bring this up with Marco and get back with you all when I have his answer." "That sounds like the best option at this point. It is the best we can hope for right now, so thank you, Sebastian," replied Nicolae. Speaking up in concern, I asked, "Nic, what of Viktor? We cannot allow him to be alerted to our presence there." "Rest assured, Peter. I just received a call from him earlier this morning to inform us that he is going to be in Romania for a few months. He has already left England, so he will not be anywhere near." "Good!" I heard Drogo say in response.