File 33: The Prophecy

| Willow POV |

"You look like you were crying the entire night," I turned my head and looked at Andrew, one of Percy's best friends. I shook my head. "You alright?" I looked at Annabeth. Strangely, I have gotten closer to her and we became friends the past few days. I smiled at her and nodded my head.

"I'm fine," I lied.

I knew I couldn't lie to the Daughter of Athena, but I didn't feel like talking about last night. How there was already a new prophecy and I'm suppose to be deciding how everything and everyone's life ends.

Totally no pressure.

I sighed and continued poking my food with the fork not really having an appetite. Just then there was a flash. Apollo flashed in. He looked in my direction and smiled sadly. "We have received a new prophecy," he announced loudly. There was an uproar of murmurs. I sighed and leaned my face onto my hand.

"The council, both council would like everyone to be on Olympus," those who haven't been to Olympus were clearly excited. For those who have, they weren't as excited. I chuckled and Thomas' face. He had a sour face on. I flicked one of the peas in my plate at him. It shot passed everybody and hit him in the nose.

I snickered and pretended to eat my food when he looked in my direction. Just then we were teleported to the throne room without a warning. "HEY!" There was a lot of shouts at not being warned before teleporting. Thomas and I landed on our feet. We rolled our eyes but then he glared halfheartedly at me.

I shrugged my shoulders smirking. "Ah good, you are all here," Chaos was standing there with all other Primordials and gods. "Apollo, would you recite it again please," Zeus told him. He nodded his head and started.

"Daughter of the Pit and Sea shall rise,

Along with the Son of Chaos and Poseidon,

To save or raze the universe she shall decide-,"

He was cut short.

"To rule with Hatred or with Love," I looked back up at them when I finished. Apollo nodded his head clearly shocked that I knew the prophecy. I could feel tears in the corner of my eyes. I clenched my fist.

Chaos studied me just as another flash flashed in. The fates. "Ladies," everyone bowed to them but they ignored them and walked straight to me. "I am sorry dear, even we couldn't control fate this time," Clotho told me in an apologetic tone. I blinked the tears away and nodded my head.

Atropos opened her palm and something materialized in her hand. It was a sword. Not just any sword.

It was Excalibur.

Everyone gasped. "Only the most worthy is able to possess this weapon," Lachesis explained.

"We thought you all might be able to try," Clotho faced everyone. Some of the them were already puffing out their chest. Everyone has heard of Excalibur. It was practically a legend. No one could find it. Those who have tried died. That's it. End of story.

Excalibur floated out of her hands and appeared in a rock. Everyone tried including the Primordials and gods. Thomas managed to move it a little before it got stuck again. I was a little reluctant to do it. Willow why would you give such an opportunity up? Well I have a perfectly good sword.

That's it. The sword I have now meant something to me. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

I was the last to go. I walked towards it slowly and placed my hands on the handle. It was like being sucked into a portal of sort. I was standing in an black abyss. "You must be the last person to try I presume," the man in the middle said.

He was a dark brown tone man with blue eyes. He wore a dark blue cloak with golden designs on it.

He sighed and was in a readied attacking position. I tilted my head to the side.

"I'm not trying to take the sword," I told him and he raised an eyebrow. "I don't even care if I don't get the sword," I plopped down on the floor and hugged my knees to my chest. "I just don't want to be the one deciding the fate of everyone," I traced the floor absentmindedly.

I sighed and wanted to cry right there and then. Everything came pouring back down on me. "You are the first person to ever not want the sword Miss Jackson," he told me clearly hocked and amuse. I smiled weakly. "Willow, my name's Willow," he nodded his head and stood normally.

"If you do not mind me asking, Willow, why do you not want the sword?" he asked politely. I sighed and looked at him.

"Taking this sword means deciding the world's fate, it was me before now me again?"

"I wanted a normal life. If I could chose a life, I actually don't mind being born into a life of thieving. At least with honor. Steal from the rich, give to the poor," I told him and smiled weakly. He gave me a small smile in return.

"But not saving the world means losing my family an friends," I was in a conflict. I could not be the Savior and live my life, but then my family and friends will die. I be the Savior everybody wants me to be and save everyone but lose my happiness.

"You do not always have to follow the path made for you," I looked up at him. He was standing in front of me. "Create the road you want follow and at the same time, you will be able to save your family and friends. Everything you do is decided by you and only you. No one can influence you unless you allow the," he told me and stretched out a hand.

I took it and stood up. He gave me a reassuring smile and I felt myself relax slightly. "That is why you are the only person able to wield Excalibur," I looked up at him.

"Excalibur is yours," he smiled at me but I gave him a confused look. "Whats?" Obviously confused.

He chuckled. "This was never about how powerful one person is. It was what the person is fighting for and whether he or she is craving for power, vengeance or love," he explained.

"Everyone of the others wanted power and vengeance. Except for Thomas. He did it for love but the sword did not want him," I nodded my head as he explained.

He started to walk away and disappear. "Wait! I didn't catch your name!" He turned around and smiled at me.

"Merlin, my name is Merlin," and like that I was being pulled out from the abyss.

I was still holding onto the sword handle. Both hands clenched tightly. I pulled the sword out with my everything.

Everyone gasped because there in my hands was Excalibur.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1204
Sooooo for this chapter, I wanted it to end with her pulling out Excalibur and didn't expect it to be this short. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Yours sincerely,
Backbiter

King of Zacron [Percy Jackson Fanfic]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें