39. The Kidnapping

I sat infront of JJ as she sat on the couch looking out into the backyard.

She didn't say a single word to me or pay me any mind.

Gen walked over to me and put the beer in my hand. She leaned down to JJ but nothing. She shook her then took a drink of her beer.

"You have fun with this shit storm. I'm leaving."

I looked her in the eyes but JJ avoided my glaze.

Jensen walked over to the door and looked back at me.

I kept my eyes on JJ.

"You gotta say something to me Justice. You gotta speak to me baby girl."

JJ didn't say a word. She didn't even blink an eye at me.

Jensen turned and went away from the door as Gen stood at the front door.

"Hey, I thought you were leaving." Jensen walked over to her when he saw the girl standing next to Finn.

Finn glanced back at her, "DO you know them?"

"Holy fucking hell, this can't be true." Gen blurted out.

I looked back at them as I got up and made my way to the door.

I looked around Gen and saw her standing in the driveway.

Finn crossed his arms, "Jesslyn, this is your family."

She looked back at him, "I know Finn, and I know who they are."

I walked out past Jensen and Gen. I stood on the front porch and looked at her.

Jesslyn grinned back at me, "Hey Mom, you look good for someone who went through all of that."

I shook my head back at her, "Shut up and did you hear the news?"

"You mean about Jared, yea I couldn't believe it happened. I mean it's fucking insane. But where is Shep?"

Gen shook her head and tossed her hands up, "How does she know about my husband and my son?"

Jensen cracked an eyebrow, "Oh fuck, this isn't gonna be good."

Jesslyn looked up at her, "I thought you knew."

I turned back to Gen, "Jared and Shep knew about her and they helped me find her and protect her."

"Why was my husband involved in your problems?" Gen shouted back at me.

Jesslyn laughed back at her, "Your husband, oh I thought differently."

I glared back at her.

Gen walked over to me, "What did you do with my husband?"

I looked back at her when all of a sudden there were screams coming from within the house.

Jensen took off running back in to the house to find JJ on the back porch looking out toward the tree line.

Finn looked back at her. "JJ, what did you see?"

Jesslyn walked around looking her in the eyes, "Has she really been quiet since the day she found out?"

I glanced back at Jesslyn, "I think you should back off."