8. Death Is Rolling In Every Verse [edited]

Jared looked over at Jensen as I stood in front of Annie. She watched my every move as Gabriella tossed open a beer.

"Why are you so calm?" Jensen snorted back at Jared.

Jared dropped his head as the kids were all wide eyed watching what was going in the kitchen. "Come on guys, go up stairs."

"No, they need to know." I said back to him as I grabbed Annie's neck forcing her head up to look at me.

"Just kill me because I will never tell you a thing." Annie smiled at her.

I nodded my head at her as Gabriella cleared her throat, "4 months in London. You spent that with your daughter right, she is in college now? Her grades kinda stuck but a new donation from a very nice company fixed that didn't it Annie?"

"Leave my daughter alone." Annie snorted at me.

I held my hand out as Genevieve put the phone in it, I flipped it around to show the live feed. "She looks like you when we were that age."

"Don't do it Victoria. Leave her alone!"

"No." I tossed the phone back over to Genevieve.

"Don't kill my daughter!"

"Why, why shouldn't a sniper take her out Annie, what are you hiding from me?" I smiled at her as Genevieve stood at the door waiting.

"You already know who is leading the revolt. You know who is making this comeback to kill your family. Why are you surprised that after all this time someone wants you dead?"

"See the problem I have is that over the past 12 years, I have been cleaning house of my past mistakes. Everything I did back then that led to the double cross by aspen and Xavier was fixed. Everything was fixed so with a new target on my back, I had to stop and think. Why."

Annie shook her head back at me, "I can't talk about it."

Gabriella rolled her eyes, "McKenzie was killed. She died in my arms."

"Danneel died in mine. You want me to think that my life is ok. That the people that fucked me over are dead. That I can walk out of here and be ok?"

Annie shook her head as tears started to fall, "I can't or they will kill me."

Gabriella groaned out, "She isn't gonna say it."

I reached behind my back as I removed the hunting knife from my waist band. I pushed it up against Annie's throat as she was shaking now. "I don't care about your life. You are nothing to me. You are only alive because they think you know something. So talk or I bleed you dry."

"It was Jax! Jax put out the hit on your family. He said that you took Danneel from him so he was going to take your family!" Annie shouted at me.

Genevieve started laughing from the doorway, "Her brother, her biological brother called for her death?"

I narrowed my eyes at Annie.

"It was put out a few months ago. He wants it done."

Gabriella glanced back at me, "You believe this?"

"No, of course I don't." I ran the knife across her throat as I felt the warm liquid ran over my hand.

"OH my god!"