27. Bajura

Jensen slowed the car as he came up to the gate.

He looked over at Gen, "Are you sure about this?"

Gen got out of the car and walked up to the gate.

She glanced back at him as she put her hand on the gate and pushed it open, "It's been a few years and also it's broken."

Jensen glared at her as they started walking.

"Should we be walking up to this place?"

"Jensen, I promise you that everything will be ok now." Gen said back to him as they kept moving.

Jensen pulled the jacket up around his face, "Gen, are you sure that Aspen was a part of something, I mean if we just left her to die, I'm pushing you infront of me."

Gen laughed back at him, "I promise you that no one is going to die!"

Jensen glared back at her, "Are you sure about that?"

"You want me to kill you?" She asked him back.

Jensen nodded his head as the house came into view.

Gen grinned when saw the car parked to the side. "You think that is old?"

"I don't know yet." Jensen said back to her.

Gen took off running when Jared walked out the front door.

Jensen looked back at him.

Jared nodded his head toward the front of the house.

Jensen walked around to the front of the house to find me standing on the front hill looking down at the trees below us.

"Victoria..."

I pointed out over the trees as I kneeled down. "I knew what she wanted the second she reappeared."

"Victoria, what are you talking about?"

I glanced back at him. "I'm sorry Jensen."

"Sorry for what?"

"Bringing you back into this." I looked out over the trees.

"You think you did this?"

I narrowed my eyes back at him.

"I knew the second you told me the truth that night that I would be fighting sometime soon. Victoria, I love you and I'm not walking away from you."

"I don't care anymore Jensen." I got up and walked back into the house.

"You are fucking kidding right?"

I turned back to him, "You keep saying that you love me but I mean have you ever actually loved me or do you love the experiences, the memories, something that will never come back including her."

"You think I'm still stuck on her...are you kidding me?"

I ran back to him pushing him back. "You son of a bitch, I heard you that night! I heard what you said that night with me. I heard you Jensen."

"What the fuck did I say Victoria?"

"You called her name out instead of mine."