14. And All the Pain I Put You Through [edited]

The hilltop.

The one place students ran to when school was just too much.

The one place no one ever could find since the trial up to the location would change every month making it harder for parents and the police to find it.

Finn sat on the top of the picnic table as JJ laughed about something off to the side next to Thomas and Shep.

Finn glanced up as Kris sat down next to him.

Kris looked out over the view as you could see most of the city under them and the river off to the side. "I can see why you like coming here."

Finn nodded his head back at his comment.

"But pushing them away isn't smart."

Finn glanced up at him.

"You are confused about your mother coming home. You are scared and you don't know what to do or how to act. But promise me that you will give her a chance."

"Why does it matter so much to you?"

"Victoria saved me. She pulled me out of a blood bath and took me back to Romania. She told Abaddon I was staying or she was leaving. Abaddon didn't object to anything. She was up for another kid running around anyways. Victoria raised and trained me. She thought me what I know but she also made sure that I knew about the dangers of our world. The danger of who Lilith is."

"Lilith? What is that?"

"That would be Genevieve's mother. She is Abaddon's sister."

"So my great aunt?"

"Yea, she got mad when Abaddon took over the company. She wasn't happy that her little sister was taking over. But Abaddon is smart. She knows what to do and say. She made connections I mean she got me into the Korean military and recruited Kai and Sehun into my unit."

"So Abaddon can't be trusted?"

"Yea, I trust her. Victoria trusts her but she says what she says about her because of the mishaps between them. You know the thing with Xavier and then Danneel. And now of course this thing with Lilith. That is her mother and she will trust her until the end of days."

Finn glanced over at JJ, Thomas and Shep. "Why us?"

"Victoria's son, Danneel's daughter and Genevieve's sons. That is some rare blood lines sitting around here."

"They want us because of our parents?"

"Yea, but I won't let that happen. Victoria treated me like family when she didn't have to. She took me in and protected me."

Finn grinned back at Kris when his eyes got wide.

Kris glanced over his shoulder as Jensen walked through the tree line.

"How did you find this place?" JJ asked him with a scared look on her face.

"I know enough, now come with me. We are heading back to the house." Jensen snorted back at them.

Finn jumped down from the table when his phone started going off.

He looked down at the number as he didn't know it.