12. Don't Get Too Close, It's Dark Inside [edited]

Genevieve jumped when her phone went off on the counter next to her.

I narrowed my eyes back at the front porch as things had gotten quiet. I slowly started back out to them when I saw Kai and Sehun with their guns drawn.

I reached back for my gun in my waistband when I saw Jared just standing still at the side of the porch.

I slowly went for the front door when I saw her standing in the middle of the yard with several guards aiming back at the guys. I shook my head as I walked out the front door.

Abaddon glanced up at me as I went down the steps toward her, "You don't looked surprised to see me."

"I never am anymore."

"Maybe we should change that."

"What do you want?"

"Romania is nothing left. There is nothing there for us."

"So what, I am here trying to keep my family together. I am trying to keep your grandson alive."

"You are doing a great job at that."

"What?"

Kai glanced back at Kris as they started down to the cars.

Sehun and the new kid walked around me for the back car.

They were all gone without another word as I stood in the yard alone with my mother.

Abaddon waited until they were gone as she turned back to me.

Genevieve walked out on the porch as Abaddon handed the photo over to me, "Is that about my mother?"

"Your mother, my sister, the only person in the world that has managed to piss off an entire country, in one afternoon."

I glanced back at her, "What does the president say?"

"He wants this handled. He wants this gone."

Jared narrowed his eyes back at us, "You are working with the president?"

"Thanks to Victoria we were able to secure a good contract with them. Its private but we work for the Romanian government, officially."

"Some of the best trained killers in the world and we are government officials?"

Abaddon smiled back at him, "I am on the board."

"And the wife of the biggest arms dealer in Europe sits on the Romania board. This world is fucked."

Abaddon grinned down at me, "I knew I always liked him."

I rolled my eyes back at her as Genevieve found Jared's eyes in the darkness of the night. "What is being done?"

"Nothing, we lost everything in the bombing."

"What?" Genevieve looked at her confused.

"We are blind. We are officially blind in this."

"Looks like we are behind in this battle." Jared stared down at me.

"No, we aren't." I looked back at the house as I found Genevieve. "We have something they don't."