21. Trouble on the Way

Jensen looked out over the lake that was next to the house when Jared walked out to him. "Do you think everything will be ok when we finally get to them?"

Jared looked back at him.

"I'm serious Jared, I have this feeling that someone won't make it out."

"You only say that because you watched someone you love so much just get hurt too many times."

Jensen looked over his shoulder, "You think I fucked it up?"

"I think you did."

"I just want my son back."

"And I want mine back but we have to let this ride out for a bit, we can't go in all nuts and emotional, we gotta calm down."

"Do you think things will be the same after this?"

"No, fuck no, our lives are about to change forever. I mean we got their younger sister to worry about and I just think that we are about to be woken up."

Jensen nodded his head back at him.

"Our girls are freaking out now; I think we can only be the ones to be there when they need us."

Jensen glanced over his shoulder back at the house.

Jared looked out over the lake, "Our children will be ok but we have other people to worry about now."

Jensen nodded his head back at him, "I will talk to you later."

Jared narrowed his eyes back at him, "Where are you going?"

"I gotta go do something that is long overdue."

"What the fuck does that mean?" Jared called back to him.

I slipped into a pair of jeans when my door swung open and Jensen was standing there when the door slammed shut behind him.

"You told me when we were in Dallas those years ago that you would never leave my side that you will always love me through everything and through every storm."

I looked at him as he walked over to me.

Jensen put his hands on my cheeks. "I love you. I have always loved you and I have always wanted you to be the one I wake up to in the morning. When I was with Danneel I could only see you. I could only image your voice. I can't keep going along thinking that I need to stop loving you. I can't stop loving you. God, what have I done to us Victoria?"

I looked into his eyes as I saw the tears.

"I have tried for too many years to get over but you are the one that I always keep coming back to. You have always protected me and you will always be the one that protects my family. You are the mother of my son and the stepmother to my daughter. I don't want her growing up with anyone but you teaching her the ways of this life. Victoria, I am tired of the bullshit, I want this. I need this to stay so that I know my children will always have you in their corner."

His lips were grazing over my collar bone making my eyes close and my skin tease up.

"Victoria, will you make that promise to me?"

"I will die for our children."

His lips trailed down my collar bone to my shoulder. His breath was thick. He placed his lips on my shoulder as he kissed me.