CH. 11

Today, the capital is loud and lively. They are celebrating the name day of the youngest daughter of King Winfield, Princess Ravenna Fay Lynch. Known for her beauty and charisma, she have dozens of admirers from kingdom far and wide. The public likes her due to her charming face and smile. Unbeknownst to them, Ravenna was a spoiled brat and throws tantrums if she does not get what she wants.

But everything change starting starting a couple of weeks ago...

Ravenna became so... different. She suddenly had manners, even though she is inside the palace and away from the eyes of the public. She became more courteous, greeting any noble she sees in the palace grounds, which is a bit suspicious. They didn't know that Ravenna knows their secret transactions, legal and illegal.

What's more to it is that she calls all the servants their proper names and it seems like she memorized them all. Addressing a commoner in their name is a rare gesture for any noble, let alone a part of the royal family. She smiles a lot and listens to any advice the servants have given, which is way different from the old Ravenna. 

Her change made her more appealing to all kinds of people; her smile now seems more natural rather than the fake smile she uses to the  public before. She also rejected all marriage from men and women, unlike before where she uses them for her gain or for her amusement. Because of the laws she enacted and people she incarcerated in just a single week of her role as the interim ruler of the Gelier Kingdom, a lot of famous people from all corners became interest of her. And now that her name day has come, many important people appeared to make connections about this possible future Queen of Gelier Kingdom.

The king arrived at nighttime; two days before the name day of his daughter. By morning, after he got some rest, various nobles and their families are pleading for reconsideration about the judgment of the interim ruler, Princess Ravenna. Pleas and promises were made just to get back their nobility and land but the King wants to talk to Ravenna before he do something. 

   "Maybe she has her reasons, she is still my daugther.." King Winfield said

He wanted to see all his children before the name day of his youngest, but for some reason again, all of his children cannot be neither seen nor heard inside the palace. He wanted a full report from them what happened to their missions assigned to them. Winfield has spies, but he wants to know who will tell him the truth and who will omit their mistakes just to look good in front of him.

The day passed without seeing any of his children while his royal throne room was filled with gloomy and pleading nobles, men and women alike, along with their family. It was tiring, yes. It also seems that all of the nobles that have been stripped from their titles are the ones that he had suspicions back then. When they were asked what's the reason why they were stripped of from their titles or why they are imprisoned, the reason was their rumored crimes back when he wanted to arrest them. He just can't do it due to lack of evidence and witnesses, but her daughter found evidences making them guilty.

For some reason, businessman and artisans are also present. He remembered that Ravenna fired the Master of Treasury. Furthermore, she had been investing their money in businesses and infrastructures instead of allocating them to the army and defense according to the reports made by the royal bookkeepers. She even started building a school for the public! This caused a huge outrage from nobles.

And now, the party started and all the important people from the kingdom, far and wide, are invited. These are the diplomatic envoys, noble families, royal families from other kingdoms, and representative from guilds, factions and other groups. A herald is place at the entrance of the throne room, announcing the names, status, position and achievements of people as they step inside the massive room for the big event.