CH. 4

An old yet powerful figure sits in the throne, surrounded by his adviser and supporters. Three days has passed since the incident in the Royal Dining. None of his children can be seen around the palace. They are all occupied in doing their duties as candidates to the throne, even his youngest who he never thought to be interested in succession...

     "This made the competition more interesting." He thought.

If there is one thing he can be proud of as a parent, it is that of he knows all of his children's attitude. He saw them turned from a naive child to an individual who greatly wants the throne. He saw their actions and efforts, from making connections, developing their skills and achieving power through any means. He heard countless rumors and gossips... but he heard none from his youngest, which makes this all interesting. She never showed any interest or any tendencies. How come he never noticed?

The king quickly dismissed all his thoughts as he realize that running a kingdom in a couple of weeks is way too different in running a kingdom in years. And he has capable advisers that will assist his youngest daughter in running a kingdom. 

What concerns him the most is how a princess in such a young age, lacking an education for running a kingdom, will be able to run the kingdom in weeks. He just needs to trust his daughter and his assistants. He is also wondering what made her daughter so confident, even gambling his candidacy, nobility and everything she has.

     "Your Majesty, are you really sure to make Princess Ravenna the interim ruler while you are in a diplomatic mission? Your Highness can still change your decision because you are still due tomorrow."

     "Your Majesty, please reconsider. All of the nobles know that Princess Ravenna never had interest in any of her lessons and training. We will be vulnerable if you left the kingdom to her."

     "Your Highness, there are multiple people who are capable. Various nobles can be trusted. There is Prince Kallapher, he is capable. There is also Prince Merchius, he is smart - a genius nonetheless. Princess Gravea is charismatic. Prince Symon is capable of magic. He is intelligent. But, why her, your Majesty? I'm trying to understand."

Various nobles are against the idea of letting the youngest princess run the kingdom as its interim ruler. They know for sure that anarchy will happen once Princess Ravenna managed the kingdom. These nobles know for sure that Ravenna was a kid, who cries when she gets wounded and throws tantrums if she doesn't get what she wants.

"It is because none of my children is willing to gamble their succession to the throne in any mission I assigned them, let alone cast herself in an exile if she was a failure." All the people in the throne room was left dumbfounded by the king's words.

-2 days ago-

     "Hmmmm..." She hums as she read a book about the history of the kingdom. Information are always powerful and essential in planning. Planning for every move you will make is a good way for preparation. Anticipating any kind of situation that may arise is also needed.

She has been reading books since 2 days ago. She skims rapidly to quickly gain information. Her unique memory and ability to remember everything what she read for the rest of her life really helps her this time. 

>>>[SKILL LEVEL UP: New World History Lvl. 10]<<<

For the past few days, she is learning all about her "powers" and she learned quite a few. There are few things she discovered. She has also been experimenting her game interface system like the status box, inventory, skill tree, etc. Due to her intelligence, she immediately get a hang on these things.