"Ashton Carter"

I wandered around the dark quiet streets . It had been a couple of hours since I left . Where would I go . I can't go home , Christian will look for me there . I know where I'm going to go . Maddie's.

I walked down the street . I have no clue what time it was . "Hopefully Maddie's not mad at me" I whispered as I walked up to her door . I've kind of been missing for weeks . I wasn't allowed have contact with anyone if someone wasn't there watching me .

I knocked on the door . Maddie's mom opened it and looked at me in shock . "Ella" she said speechless . "Hi Mary" I said sadly . "Is Maddie home" I asked curiously acting if everything was okay . "I'll have a look , darling" she said as she stumbled up the stairs in disbelief. They probably thought I was dead . I don't blame them .

I watched as Maddie came down the stairs. "Ella" she said hugging me . "Mads" I said hugging her back .

"I've missed you so fucking much" I said as I held her in my arms .

Maddie was the closest person to me and still is . She's been there through thick and thin for me . She helped me when I thought I couldn't be helped . Everyone deserves a best friend like Maddie .

"You bitch" she said relieved as we walked up to her room . I looked at the floor sadly . "What's wrong b" she asked sitting on her bed as I shut her door .

"I fell in love" I said sighing . "You did - she sounded kind of shocked . "That's - great" she said happily . "Do you know who I fell in love with" I said looking at her with regret . "That is not a good look , who is it , I'll kill them" she said protectively.

"Ashton Carter" I said . She was speechless . "You- And Ashton" she said , her jaw dropped . "That monster" she said with a look of disbelief on her face . "I wish I didn't , I wish I didn't anything , I wish I never met him , I wish I didn't help him . This all started because I thought I could help someone like me , and in end , I always end up getting hurt" I said painfully . "Ella , you don't deserve any of this" she said grabbing my face .

"Neither does he" I said looking at her and she stared at me confused. "I thought he broke up with you" she said . "He did - kind of" I said confused. "He told me he loved me and then - "he told you he loved you!!!" She said almost fainting . "Yeah , he's like me , broken" I said . "Hey!" She said to me . "You are not broken , you are perfect and beautiful" she said lying down .

"I left Mason with them" I said , I can't believe I left him with them . "You did What now" she said angrily staring at me . "Ella , there going to turn him into a monster" she said angrily at me . "It better than what I could have given him" I said truthfully sitting down .

"I couldn't take care of him anymore" I said painfully . "I'm 17!" I said angrily . "He was never my responsibility but became it because my stupid fucking mother decided to leave" I said .

"I love Mason more than anyone in this world , that's why I'm doing this" i said to her . I stared at her sadly . "Atleast they can hide that they are broken , me , I'm too damaged to hide that from him , I fell in love with a fucking monster!! A monster !!" I yelled frustrated.

"And now , I'm alone again , in the same place I started off . Me and my mind" I said sighing as I placed my hands over my face . I hated when people saw me cry .

It showed weakness . I don't like being weak .

"I hate that you think your broken" she said looking at me . "I hate that you hate yourself" she said . "Because I love everything about you" she said . "You are not alone as long as you have me" she said hugging me . I didn't deserve Maddie .

Me and Maddie went downstairs and watched movies. We had always wanted to have a sleep over but I never even asked.

She was passed out on the couch by the time the movie finished and her mom was sleeping upstairs.

I can't stop thinking about Ashton . How badly would he be beaten for helping me escape .

Why am I worrying about him . He's a fucking dick . That I fell in love with.

I need to get out of this town . I need to leave before they find me. It's going to kill me leaving Mason here , but it's for the best . He will grow up well looked after , with a great education, not to mention rich.