Just as he opened the door, a firm hand clasped around his wrist, halting him from going any further.

"Do what you need to do to stay alive too." Taehee told him, squeezing his arm for reassurance, "my baby needs an uncle."

***

The air surrounding the dining table was tense. Namjoon and Jimin sat on one side while Jungkook, Hoseok and Jin sat on the other. They all crowded around Yoongi who took deep breaths in a vain attempt to remain calm. His hands wrung together in a tight clasp, his jaw was clenched so tight that it could've grounded his teeth down into sand.

Taehyung and Soo-ji were missing. And after hearing the news about Soo-ji's parents, Yoongi had a fair idea of where they were.

"How long have they been gone for?" Jimin asked, the silky sound of his voice cutting the silence like a knife.

"An hour." Hoseok replied, looking to Yoongi for some sort of reaction. Ever since they gathered together, Yoongi hadn't muttered a word. His expression remained taut and deadly and they all could see he was doing some serious thinking by the way he stared into space for most of the time.

What they didn't know was that Yoongi was internally screaming. His fists itched to punch a wall but he knew he had to remain calm and composed.

"Where's Tae?" Namjoon asked next, "shall we go find him? It'll be an extra pair of hands for help."

"I'll go." Jin said straightaway, eager to do something, anything, than just sit here waiting for Yoongi's command.

"There's no need." Hoseok pulled him back down before looking to Yoongi who looked back at him knowingly.

"What do you mean 'no need'?" Jin asked, his eyes bouncing between Yoongi and Hoseok suspiciously.

There was a silent pause again, where everyone looked to Hoseok and Yoongi. They clearly knew something that they didn't.

After a while, Yoongi gave Hoseok a nod, allowing him to reveal the secret that only they both knew.

"Taehyungie..." Hoseok started slowly as he leaned forward on the table, "he's an undercover agent for the KSI. He's gone to them for help and then he's going after Soo-ji."

A stunned silence followed. The silence was so still and quiet that a pin drop could've been heard.

"H-how is that possible?" Jin gasped, shaking his head to wrap his thoughts around it.

"How long have you guys known?" Jimin breathed out in disbelief, his eyes wide at the shocking revelation.

"Since the beginning," Hoseok nodded slowly, "before he even joined us actually... Years ago, when Taehyung saved Yoongi hyung at the forest stabbing, he asked to join us. Yoongi sussed out very early on that Taehyung wasn't just some ordinary kid. He was too smart for his age, he was too bold to talk back at Yoongi hyung, knowing fully well he's from a gang. And it just seemed weird that the new kid at school have no family or friends. His public records were pretty much non-existent and if there were any, they were fake."

"Why did you let him in?!" Jungkook asked incredulously, looking at Yoongi angrily. "He knows too many of our secrets!"

Yoongi glared at him. It was hard to remain calm and form coherent thoughts when they were questioning his authority or decisions. He knew very clearly what to do for the gang. After all, everything he had ever done was to keep all of them alive by his side.

"To find out what he wants from us." Hoseok answered for Yoongi, "once we find out, we'll know what the KSI wants."

"You're telling me that you let a fucking agent infiltrate us just to find out their intentions?" Jungkook snapped, "and once you find out their intentions, what had you planned on doing with Taehyung hyung?"